• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Thank goodness for plan B.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
Out last night with my little wingman for a bait session, we’ve not been since the last half term holidays so we were definitely overdue.

Cloud Water Sky Outerwear Watercraft

The plan was to target a first hound of the season but, we did have a plan B ?

Water Bait Fish Recreation Marine invertebrates

And plan B involved bigger fishy baits out on a second rod to see what else might be lurking around.
While the rod tips remained motionless we went for a little mooch ( After setting the drag’s ? don’t want any equipment hurtling down the beach again! ) where we found a couple more softies for bait and some other bits and pieces taking refuge amongst the weed.

Finger Frog Terrestrial animal Toad True frog

Reptile Lizard Scaled reptile Road surface Terrestrial animal

Amazing what can be found around the weed and rocks.
Anyway the crab baits remained motionless but there was, finally, signs of something taking interest in the Bluey/Macky wrap. Gave it a little time to make sure it’d taken the bait before lifting the rod and winding down. We instantly knew we had something decent with the weight and the odd thump on the retrieve. A few minutes later a good size Huss appears at the water edge and Callum’s off to land it ?

Water Fish Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Lizard

Iguania Reptile Automotive tire Scaled reptile Gas

I get a few quick pics while Callum gets the weigh sling and scales out.

Watch Automotive tire Cyclocomputer Tire Fluid

Not bad for a plan B as the Huss goes 10lb 14oz before Callum gets in on the final pic before release ?

Crocodile Nile crocodile Alligator Crocodilia American crocodile

It was the only fish of the session and though the targeted hounds hadn’t played ball, thank goodness for plan B and a cracking double figure Huss for our efforts ?????

Great pic of the boy crouching with it well done

Great consolation prize mate (y), glad plan B worked out for you both ;).

Cheers mate, it was a tad angry otherwise he’d have got hold of it properly ?

I remember when my Sam caught his big huss, he took one look at it when I landed it and said "I'm not bloody touching that!" :ROFLMAO:

Great consolation prize mate (y), glad plan B worked out for you both ;).

I remember when my Sam caught his big huss, he took one look at it when I landed it and said "I'm not bloody touching that!" :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, he wasn’t as keen to get hold of an angry Huss as he is the Smoothound ?

Back