• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales The Belle was a ball!

chewitt

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Having moved back to Mumbles recently I re-joined the Mumbles Motor Boat & Fishing club. Renewing old acquaintances over the last few weeks I had a day out yesterday on one of the club boats the Mumbles Belle, an old converted lifeboat. A great sturdy boat for local trips
Berth-3-web.jpg

Haven't boat fished Swansea Bay for over 15 years I wasn't sure quite what too expect but other guys (6 of us in total) were confident. Locked out around 9.30am and headed to the "Strombus" a broken up Wreck in Swansea Bay that has been productive over the years.

Jeff (The Skipper) after a little manoeuvring anchored us just up-tide of the wreck and we were fishing by 10am. Bait was Lug, Rag, Squid, Cockles & Crab fished in various combinations on either running ledger or 1up 1 down rigs. Within 10 minutes I had the first fish! yes you guessed it! Woof :p after that I had a small Thornback followed by a Small Tope then a Smoothhound around 4lbs and Dabs+ more woofs. Everybody catching consistently with Spotted rays, Plaice and Whiting adding to the species count.

We spent around 3 hours there until high tide, with the Ebb running wind over tide we decided to move inshore a little and fished the edge of the Moorings in the Mumbles. This proved just as entertaining with Dabs, Plaice, Whiting & Dogs keeping us busy. Fish of the day went to Ollie with one last fish caught a 7-8lbs Smoothhound, caught on light flattie gear proved great fun and a great way to end the trip.
thumbnail.jpg

A very enjoyable day with a good bunch of gents and great fishing.

I wouldn’t want to go out on a lake in that boat..never mind the sea..!!
Good catch results though matey..!!

Back