• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales The end could be near.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
The fishing has been getting quite patchy over the last few weeks and as if that wasn’t bad enough, the weather gods haven’t been playing ball either. This week was no different, with storm Kieran due to arrive here overnight between Wednesday and Thursday, and though we weren’t due to get the worst of it here in North Wales, conditions still wouldn’t be very conducive to lure fishing. With this in mind, I planned to fish 2 short sessions to coincide with brief calm spells in the weather.

First off was Tuesday night and with heavy rain due to arrive between 9 and 10, I chose to fish the last 20 minutes of the ebb, and the first 2 hours of the flood at a mark which usually throws up a few bass at this time of year. To cut a not very long story even shorter 😄 the bass were conspicuous by their absence, but I did at least manage to beat the blank with a 43cm pollack, my best of the year so far 😊.
Pollack - Oct 31st 2023.jpg

As for the weather forecast, it was spot on for once, and it started raining just as I was making my way back along the coast to the car 😁.

For my second outing of the week, I decided to give Thursday night a miss and to fish Wednesday night instead, the promised South Easterly winds gusting to 25mph, were slightly more appealing than North Westerlies winds gusting to 40mph 24 hours later 🤔.

After giving it loads of thought I decided on a return visit to Tuesday’s mark, given the current conditions, and even after 2 consecutive blanks there, I still thought it offered me my best chance of a bass compared to my other options.

Unfortunately it wasn’t to be, and though I avoided the blank again, with my second poo bass of the week, I failed to catch a bass in 2 consecutive sessions for the first time since early September 😢.
Pollack - Nov 1st 2023.jpg

So the bass are getting more scarce by the week for me, and the recent poor conditions have made the choice of mark very difficult 👎. On the plus side though, I heard of some lads who had a bumper session today, so I’m still hoping for at least 1 more settled spell of weather before the season ends 👍.

Keep at It Andy they Still around this Week coming doesn't look to Bad plenty Bass Still showing down here in South Wales.👍

Keep at It Andy they Still around this Week coming doesn't look to Bad plenty Bass Still showing down here in South Wales.👍
Thanks Lee (y).

They're still around here too, but at this time of year they tend to shoal up and locating those shoals is the key.

I usually struggle 🤦‍♂️, but some local lads caught over 40 bass in a session yesterday 😮, so I'll be doing my best again this week to find them.

You do put the hours in Andy, nice report mate.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Cheers both (y), he who dares and all that ;).

Back