• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Wales THE FIRST OF MANY......

VooDooMan 2

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I hope :) And not all with the same result. :rolleyes: Last night saw me venture out to my local beach , well within the 5 mile limit , armed with some awesome fresh black lug and some bits and pieces of fishy baits. On the beach and set up for about 1700ish plan was to fish the flood tide until HW at 2125. Weather was good but not happy with the north easterly wind . Not much surf but the beach was covered with empty piddock clam, queen cockle and razor shells . The birds were obviously feeding on them at the waters edge as we made out way onto the beach. Set up 2 rods . Wessex rig with white beads , 2 hook paternoster with red and green beads on the snoods. I had made small pennel hook snoods to help present the big blacks , pleased to say they worked well stopping the worms bunching up. 4 and half hours later I still hadn't caught anything my mate had one small bass caught on a pulley pennel rig . Excellent bait and a great setting certainly made it a pleasant session .I think the amount of natural feed about had an effect along with the wind direction . Going to keep a better fishing record this year to monitor results . IMG_20210318_125221_9.jpgIMG_20210319_182421_5.jpg

Big tides coming up at the weekend along with some strong winds on Friday indicates that it will be worthwhile going down on Saturday morning with a bucket and maybe a fork for a couple of hours beach combing.

Back