• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North West They're in the Mersey

FishAmaniac

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I fancied giving the stretch a go for the 1st time this season. I thought we might be in with a chance of 1 or 2 but didn't expect to see one as big as that!
Other than the one I lost and the one in the picture, that was it.
It's a cracking start to the season for Tommy. We're both early members of the cod club this year.
Let's hope we see a few more like that out of the Mersey this year 🤞🤞🤞
Screenshot_2023-10-22-07-07-09-641_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-22-07-07-26-688_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-22-07-07-41-186_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Well done FishA - lovely Coddie. 🎣🎣👍👍
Unfortunately it wasn't me that landed it. I lost a fish about half an hour before. My lead got snagged and when I'd freed it up the fish was gone. The one that Tommy caught could have been the same fish. Either way, it was nice to see. I hope for some more like this over the next couple of months 🤞🤞🤞

I hope you put it back and it swum off strongly 🤔
No, we caught it at low water. That means over a 40 foot drop back down. Then there would have only been a couple of feet of water for it to land in. The drop would have almost certainly killed it, then it would have gone to waste.
It was humanly dispatched and taken for the table by a chap that was fishing close by.

No, we caught it at low water. That means over a 40 foot drop back down. Then there would have only been a couple of feet of water for it to land in. The drop would have almost certainly killed it, then it would have gone to waste.
It was humanly dispatched and taken for the table by a chap that was fishing close by.
I don’t blame you or him

Great report mate, nice Cod too, shame you lost one.. Lovely pics. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back