• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales They’re Still Around … (and it serves me right!)

Wobbler72

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
I’d intended to take the boat for a run down the coast this morning to see whether the Bass were still about. However, after a good meal and a tiny bit too much wine last night, I woke, thought “Sod it”, and went back to sleep ☺️.

I got up a little late to a reproachful look from the dog. After feeding her and downing a couple of coffees, I eventually got my ar$e in gear, joined the missus and took the dog for a walk along the beach ……… together with a rod and bag of lures.

There were no real signs of life and I wasn’t expecting much, but after a dozen or so casts my shallow diver got bumped and then stopped by something. It’s pretty shallow ground with the odd Boulder and patch of weed around. So it was more out of instinct than confidence that I lifted the rod and gave it a tug. Then the “something” started taking a little line ?. Whe-heey a fish!

The fight wasn’t super-dynamic, it was more belligerent. It just didn’t want to come in (I was the same when I was a kid). It stayed low and ran steadily up and down parallel with the shore. But with each turn it made I gained line. After a minute or two it was all over. A nice Bass of 3-4lbs. That woke me up!

I quickly got it unhooked and missus took a photo of the magnificent specimen …… and a fish ?

45E6015A-C719-4E4C-A948-6ACA747BDAE3.jpeg

I guess it proves they’re still about ………….. I just wish I’d taken the boat out now!

Tight lines ?

Kev.

Tidy bass Kev, nice one buddy (y)

Great catch Kev (y).

Back