• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tide Tables.

Andy1962

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anyone know what tackle shops in Fareham/Portsmouth areas got the Tide Tables(Yellow Book)for Portsmouth also covering Lymington/Chesil areas as went in local shop & he does not have them.

Rovers in Fareham, Last cast saloon in Gosport, no idea about Portsmouth though. (y)

Ian.

Not much help, but I never bother with tide tables. I use the King's harbour Master's page for the next 48hrs, or Tides4fishing.
I'm sure there's a King's Harbour Master's page for Portsmouth too. Hang on, here it is:

https://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/khm/portsmouth. If you want the tides for the following day, click on the 'shipping movements' and tides should be at the top of the lists.

1707349593290.png

Rovers in Fareham, Last cast saloon in Gosport, no idea about Portsmouth though. (y)

Ian.
Scrap that, just been into The Last Cast Saloon to pickup one, the Yellow ones are no longer available as the bloke who produced them has retired. Just the bog standard one for Portsmouth area only now. :(

Ian.

Scrap that, just been into The Last Cast Saloon to pickup one, the Yellow ones are no longer available as the bloke who produced them has retired. Just the bog standard one for Portsmouth area only now. :(

Ian.
Cheers for that Ian, wondered why couple of other shops did,nt have them either. You would think they would tell you rather than just say haven,t got any :rolleyes:

Cheers for that Ian, wondered why couple of other shops did,nt have them either. You would think they would tell you rather than just say haven,t got any :rolleyes:
No worries Andy. I did prefer the Yellow ones myself, but will have to make do with the standard ones for now.

Ian.

www.tidetimes.org.uk
These do the yellow book for all the areas, just select the one you want and for about £3 they’ll post one to you. Available about 3 months before the year starts and you can also buy an online version too.
👍
Different mate, the ones round here used to have name of tackle shop you buy them from on front and also have local venues fishing info with about 4 other areas tides for the year.

Anyone know what tackle shops in Fareham/Portsmouth areas got the Tide Tables(Yellow Book)for Portsmouth also covering Lymington/Chesil areas as went in local shop & he does not have them.
They do not print the yellow booklet tide timetable any more

Different mate, the ones round here used to have name of tackle shop you buy them from on front and also have local venues fishing info with about 4 other areas tides for the year.
They also had all the local species in pictures, along with all the local marks that were good for fishing. Very informative..

Ian.

I use this app. You can go as far into the future or past as you like. Check tides all over the world (useful for holidays/planning).
Also shows variance due to storm surge and weather conditions.
Very useful app...
Screenshot_2024-02-10-16-19-37-313_easton.tides.jpg

NTSLF, National Tide and Sea level Facility.

These people gather the data.

Mark...

Back