• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Too rough to fish

Looks bassy John!

Maybe a heavy metal might have worked?

But if you felt unsafe where you were, there’s no point risking it.
I hate to do it but a couple of times I’ve had to abort sessions or pack up early when conditions are too bad, sometimes you have no choice.
I was using a 30gm seeker that should be plenty , I even used a deep diver and that wouldn’t go down , and a sp had no chance

Like I said in my last post ,you had the right idea walking away mate,but when I go lure fishing I always take 2 rods ,1 up to a 20ish g weight,& one up to at least 50g,that way I know I can fish.I know it's more to carry but sometimes it's worth it

Like I said in my last post ,you had the right idea walking away mate,but when I go lure fishing I always take 2 rods ,1 up to a 20ish g weight,& one up to at least 50g,that way I know I can fish.I know it's more to carry but sometimes it's worth it
We have to travel light on the south Devon coast long walk big cliffs and bigger rocks

Good try John, and you did the right thing by turning tail & heading home. Looks bloody rough, and if it's where I think you were, not an easy place to get to and then find out you're faced with those conditions. Better a blank & safely home. ??

Back