• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Trabucco Mastercast X-Distance line.

Kine262

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has anyone tried this line? Veals sent me an email about it and I am tempted to give it a go. The quoted thickness is seriously less than some (most) of the mono I currently use and if the other claims made are true then it could be decent line.

I tried the xps and found it ok but too soft after a few trips it went "pubey".... but I think quality line in low diameter is getting harder to find.
I love a particular .31 but its out of production. So I guess I shall be on the lookout too.
I might buy a spool and see.....

Expensive for nylon mono. Pre streched lines have not made good mainlines in my experience. Good for hook lengths but not on reels

I had a snorkel around the lines and found some......xps pro velvet low diameter 600m for 15 quid..... I bought it and will load it and let you know
Link might be useful Pete?

EDIT: Found some on Veals eBay store - only 1200m spools for £30.00. Slightly dearer than Veals website, but you're getting 'free' P&P.

Last edited:
Pretty easy to spot them Pete as they all claim dramatic increases in breaking strain! So where as the old rule of thumb (if there can be such a thing in the crazy world of claimed line diameter vs stated breaking strain, wet knot strength etc as there is no single accepted global industry standard) was 15lb for a .35, they'd be claiming upwards of 30lb. Asso to YoZuri.

Pretty easy to spot them Pete as they all claim dramatic increases in breaking strain! So where as the old rule of thumb (if there can be such a thing in the crazy world of claimed line diameter vs stated breaking strain, wet knot strength etc as there is no single accepted global industry standard) was 15lb for a .35, they'd be claiming upwards of 30lb. Asso to YoZuri.
Yep I get that..... I use a .31 colmic onda mille and bought it all at Christmas. So I have enough to keep me going I bought 16km of it. Its the only line of small diameter I have found thats durable and pulling it out is a bitch its definitely tough. But I would like to find a decent .31ish line as a replacement.
I agree on the yuki stuff is shite it wont sit flat on a spool the yozuri 14lb breaks at about 8lb.
Tronix blaze wont knot without extruding which means its shite. The gardener carp lines are just rebadged 10x. I dont like Rovex because its fat.... suffix is rovex.
As far as asso, dont get me started the shite is good for two trips then the factory coating is worn off and it turns into pubes.
I guess I am just too damn picky.
So I have enough 2km spools to last me a while but its a bloody shame when the withdraw the best line on the market imo.
I shall keep looking but I will be looking for hard Japanese mono....... I think everything else in nasty shite!

Yep I get that..... I use a .31 colmic onda mille and bought it all at Christmas. So I have enough to keep me going I bought 16km of it. Its the only line of small diameter I have found thats durable and pulling it out is a bitch its definitely tough. But I would like to find a decent .31ish line as a replacement.
I agree on the yuki stuff is shite it wont sit flat on a spool the yozuri 14lb breaks at about 8lb.
Tronix blaze wont knot without extruding which means its shite. The gardener carp lines are just rebadged 10x. I dont like Rovex because its fat.... suffix is rovex.
As far as asso, dont get me started the shite is good for two trips then the factory coating is worn off and it turns into pubes.
I guess I am just too damn picky.
So I have enough 2km spools to last me a while but its a bloody shame when the withdraw the best line on the market imo.
I shall keep looking but I will be looking for hard Japanese mono....... I think everything else in nasty shite!
I think you are dead right Pete. Buying stocks of what you like is very good thinking. If nothing else you get to know it's characteristics inside out as a thinking angler. The tackle changes, driven by the manufacturers need to keep on selling of course, but the fish don't. They just get scarcer 😕

Back