• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Trabucco mono lines

meirion658

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Afternoon all

Just been stripping line and giving some of my bass FS reels some winter maintenance.

As the big man in the red suit is about to pop down the chimney Family members are asking the usual questions "What you want for Christmas? "

Instead of the usual socks and smellies my attention has been drawn to the range of Trabucco lines which seem to have fantastic strength to diameter ratio.

Any one here use the lines ? If so which one and why?

I'm looking to use the lines on the local Estuary and sandy beaches aroumd gower and Carmarthenshire.

Sorry can't help, I use diawa sensor mono (bulk spool) lines for beach fishing and tidal rivers. Great as far as I am concerned.

Might as well use Braid if you are looking at Diameter to breaking strain ratio.. (y)

Ian.

Trabucco lines which seem to have fantastic strength to diameter ratio.
I have a load of Awa-Shima Ion Power Reflector line in various breaking strains 600mtr spools.Brilliant line but now very expensive to buy.Do not think it's available over here anymore,could be wrong.Also have 2 lots of Awa-Shima V Max in 100 mtr spools,10 spools connected ie.1000 mtrs.

Last edited:
I have a load of Awa-Shima Ion Power Reflector line in various breaking strains 600mtr spools.Brilliant line but now very expensive to buy.Don't think it's available over here anymore,could be wrong.Also have 2 lots of Awa-Shima V Max in 100 mtr spools,10 spools connected ie.1000 mtrs.
Wasn't John Wayne in that film, oh no, that was Iwo Jima.. 🤣 🤣

Ian.

I use the xps longcast and have done for a number of years. I think it's a really nice line, smooth and supple and decent strength. I use .22 on my shimano ultagra 5500 size reels, .28 on the 14000 size. .30 on the penn fathom 12s and .35 on the casting specials.

Ive used all sorts over the years, from daiwa, asso, rovex, sakuma and they have all been shelved for the xps.

The great thing too with the xps is every 150m there is a tag on the line so u don't have to waste line guessing how much you have on your reels.

Back