• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Venturing out tonight

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
As the title says going out tonight armed with these bad boys. I've only been using frozen bait for the last few weeks had a few small codling nothing to write about hence no reports lately. Also got some cart wings to go with them. The seas away so hopefully there's a bigun waiting for me I'm due one the hours I've been putting in. I've had these since Monday to keep them fresh I change the water every 24hrs and keep the water airated. I find doing this I can keep worms for months if needed. IMG_20210108_150555.jpgIMG_20210108_145959.jpg

If you get a small whiting, use it for live bait. Good luck on braving the weather.

@Stevie69 crazy bazza, forecast minus 10 up here,

Well that was a strange session started at 8pm when I looked over the bank tops the sea looked a bit heavy but I went down to the beach anyway. Started setting up my gear and was joined by my oldest brother saying he had to get out the house for a few hours. We both set up and chucked a lead out. Within 5 mins I was into a whiting my brother was into seaweed a huge lump of kelp. Right uo till high water I was catching whiting my brother caught seaweed. We couldn't work it out he tried swapping sides and still caught seaweed sometimes with a whiting attached. After high water the roles were reversed I caught the seaweed he was catching whiting. We must of had about 25 each all returned apart from the last 3 which I kept for the dogs tea later today no squashed fish or codling were caught and as people say and I've said it myself the conditions were perfect but I don't think the fish know that well the whiting did. Lol here's a pic. Of the dogs tea. IMG_20210109_020739.jpg

Well that was a strange session started at 8pm when I looked over the bank tops the sea looked a bit heavy but I went down to the beach anyway. Started setting up my gear and was joined by my oldest brother saying he had to get out the house for a few hours. We both set up and chucked a lead out. Within 5 mins I was into a whiting my brother was into seaweed a huge lump of kelp. Right uo till high water I was catching whiting my brother caught seaweed. We couldn't work it out he tried swapping sides and still caught seaweed sometimes with a whiting attached. After high water the roles were reversed I caught the seaweed he was catching whiting. We must of had about 25 each all returned apart from the last 3 which I kept for the dogs tea later today no squashed fish or codling were caught and as people say and I've said it myself the conditions were perfect but I don't think the fish know that well the whiting did. Lol here's a pic. Of the dogs tea. View attachment 3723
Why give to Mutt? Perfectly good meal there they eat great fresh better than Cod

Well that was a strange session started at 8pm when I looked over the bank tops the sea looked a bit heavy but I went down to the beach anyway. Started setting up my gear and was joined by my oldest brother saying he had to get out the house for a few hours. We both set up and chucked a lead out. Within 5 mins I was into a whiting my brother was into seaweed a huge lump of kelp. Right uo till high water I was catching whiting my brother caught seaweed. We couldn't work it out he tried swapping sides and still caught seaweed sometimes with a whiting attached. After high water the roles were reversed I caught the seaweed he was catching whiting. We must of had about 25 each all returned apart from the last 3 which I kept for the dogs tea later today no squashed fish or codling were caught and as people say and I've said it myself the conditions were perfect but I don't think the fish know that well the whiting did. Lol here's a pic. Of the dogs tea. View attachment 3723
Good effort Stevie. I have fished many classic sea trout nights on the river and never had a snuff of an offer. The fish don't read the books best to be out chucking bait at them and letting them decide.

Great report and pictures, well done on a few fish.

Good report, looks a handy lug set up that bud (y)

Back