• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

VMO

wingnut55

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just a heads up, Veals have a new website and database, so all existing customers will have to re-register, and they are no longer doing the member discount, they now have a "points system" instead.

Ian.

Last edited:
Useful Info thanks WIngnut. I have bought tackle from VMO, but as with a lot of the good online tackle retailers, I tend to buy from their eBay stores if they have one.

With a lot of online retailers, you often don't know what the delivery charge is going to be until you go to the checkout.
Some even insist on taking all your personal details before they will tell you.
Blasted nuisance when you are looking for a good price on a particular item.

With eBay, it's all there in front of you, and it only takes a few clicks to buy it.

The problem with the retailers eBay stores is you are paying more for the same item, so free postage doesn't always get you the same item cheaper, you might only be saving a few pence in some cases. I personally hate fleaBay and their cohorts Paypal. But thats just me.

Ian.

The problem with the retailers eBay stores is you are paying more for the same item, so free postage doesn't always get you the same item cheaper, you might only be saving a few pence in some cases. I personally hate fleaBay and their cohorts Paypal. But thats just me.

Ian.
Research is King! Ebay are often cheaper for some items. Just as an example, Tronixpro rolling swivels size 1:

From VMO: £2.18 per pack + £1.95 P&P = £4.13.

From UKtackleoutlet on eBay (scroll down to seller details and it's from Tronix UK): £1.95 per pack + £1.45 P&P = £3.40.

Last edited:
Or better still use your local tackle shops, use them or lose them. ;)

Ian.

Or better still use your local tackle shops, use them or lose them. ;)

Ian.
I do that too, mainly for bait, but including the local shops who have an online presence. Wifey offered to buy me a windproof fishing jacket. I spotted one on Rob's tackle & bait eBay store, but it made sense to try it on so we went to the store. Prices were the same.
Otherwise, I buy online. Postage is cheaper than Petrol + Parking.

Ian.
With Veals it was sometimes the other way round, cheaper on the bay than it was the site after discount.

Back