• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East Wahoo finally

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just got back from a most enjoyable session I've beat my nemesis and blown the duck out the water. Arrived at the Middleton pier at 11.45 the wind didn't seem to strong it was coming in gusts and jackpot I had the peir to myself not a soul in sight.The movement on the water was heavy big swells and breakers coming straight at the end. Now and again I got a soaking off the spray nothing to worry about. Now to buissness set up my my rod with a pulley pennel and a 7oz lead baited with 3 lug worm that I kept fresh off last week and 1 big yellow tail. I cast straight into the wind and the on coming waves. I put my rod in my new make shift holder I never took my rod stand tonight. 10 minutes in and wallop the rods banging picked it up slack line wound down to it bang and struck into it 1st codling on there for ages 2lb 8oz. I was buzzing rebaited and out it went again. Nothing after half an hour I'm thinking 1st cast curse not to be wahoo as I lifted the rod to break the grip lead it felt heavy wound in another codling 2lb 10 oz. Rebaited out it went again after 20 mins the rods banging like a shit house door in a force 10 gale picked it up still banging wound it in 3lb 13oz wahoo there getting bigger. Nothing for the next few casts then noticed slack line wound it in thinking the grips pulled out, then as I got to the side I felt the weight it must of swam all the way in to heavy to lift with the rod so I started hand balling it up praying don't come off got the fish about 10ft from the top it wriggled opened its mouth and off it went my guess around 7 or 8lb I was gutted. Had another codling not long after at 2lb 12oz. Started feeling tired so decided last cast at 3.45 rod tip banging again I can't believe this another codling no a bass at 1lb 8oz first ever for me on a pier he got put back to fight another day. So that's my night really enjoyed myself. I'm going back later to see if it was just a fluke and I've got loads of bait left never touched the mussle or cart. Here's some fishy pics IMG_20210206_034752.jpgIMG_20210206_041411.jpgIMG_20210206_031649.jpgIMG_20210206_013725.jpg

Excellent session, great report ?.
Tight lines.

Can't get much better than that! Welldone!

wow nice session look at the size of that barrel on the left !!!

Brilliant result Stevie. Well deserved for the effort you put in! Looking forward to hearing how the return trip went!

Brilliant Stevie! Good session, great report, Top Dangling! ??? Like the rod rest too! More please!

Well done! After there wasn’t another post on the other thread I had a two minutes silence for you ?

Never thought to check catch reports ??

Back