• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

East Anglia Walton Pier 27/02/23

RaM

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I fished the pier last night into darkness two hours up and three hours down 3pm to 7pm, not the best tide at 3.4m.
Theres been a run of codling on the Calcton and Holland on sea beaches for about a week so I was feeling slightly more optimistic than usual.
The first chuck produced a nice little dab on my three hook flapper rod which was baited with lug and rag, this also produced a steady stream of whithing two nice sizeable ones.
The other rod had a four foot pully pennel with squis and blacks to target the codling but only seemed to catch small dogfish until two hour after high water then there was a big pull down with a drop back and out came my first decent codling for years, I quickly baited up and sent the lead out again to immediatly get the same result but slightly smaller.. buzzing I stayed for another hour only cathching more whiting.
Not a bad session with around twenty whiting, one dab and three doggies and of course the all important codling.
Both Codling when to 45cm and weighed 2.2lb which from the other pics I have seen seems to be about the average.
Hopefully this will continue every year now.
The codling went back for you lot to catch if you manage to do so can you please do the same so my grandkids get to see them.. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6558.jpeg
    IMG_6558.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6561.jpeg
    IMG_6561.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 15
I fished the pier last night into darkness two hours up and three hours down 3pm to 7pm, not the best tide at 3.4m.
Theres been a run of codling on the Calcton and Holland on sea beaches for about a week so I was feeling slightly more optimistic than usual.
The first chuck produced a nice little dab on my three hook flapper rod which was baited with lug and rag, this also produced a steady stream of whithing two nice sizeable ones.
The other rod had a four foot pully pennel with squis and blacks to target the codling but only seemed to catch small dogfish until two hour after high water then there was a big pull down with a drop back and out came my first decent codling for years, I quickly baited up and sent the lead out again to immediatly get the same result but slightly smaller.. buzzing I stayed for another hour only cathching more whiting.
Not a bad session with around twenty whiting, one dab and three doggies and of course the all important codling.
Both Codling when to 45cm and weighed 2.2lb which from the other pics I have seen seems to be about the average.
Hopefully this will continue every year now.
The codling went back for you lot to catch if you manage to do so can you please do the same so my grandkids get to see them.. :)
Well done mate a pair of codlings in Feb from Walton..... top bombing

Great report & photos RaM - well done on a good haul of Fishies, especially the two nice Coddies. 🎣🎣👍👍

Back