• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

West bay

Russ

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Off down to West Bay on the 10th much around if anyone knows

West Bay itself is good for species hunting near the rocks on the east pier, pout and small conger in the harbour; dogfish , small huss and yet more pout from the prom out to the west.
The beaches are not very productive, you'd do better to head east to Chesil marks if big bait/big fish is your favoured style.
PM me nearer the time.

West Bay itself is good for species hunting near the rocks on the east pier, pout and small conger in the harbour; dogfish , small huss and yet more pout from the prom out to the west.
The beaches are not very productive, you'd do better to head east to Chesil marks if big bait/big fish is your favoured style.
PM me nearer the time.
I have fished of the harbour 2 years ago got a lot of Mackrell

There you go then, why ask if you already know?
I've fished it some times and caught lots of mackerel, most times none at all, certainly not in mid October..
I didn't mention mackerel as I thought it was an enquiry about general fishing, not another 'are the mackie in' post.

Sorry like I said I'm going down a week today and I've only been once so just wanted to know as we are staying down there for three days.
What is being cought and if apart from the harbour any other good places around West bay

Sorry like I said I'm going down a week today and I've only been once so just wanted to know as we are staying down there for three days.
What is being cought and if apart from the harbour any other good places around West bay
Look in the link in my signature, I don't fancy typing it all out again.

Back