• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

What is the Prime Location for Tenkara Fishing?

faadi

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Dear All,
Yesterday, one of my friends sent me this post. Now we are planning for Tenkara fishing. What is the prime location for Tenkara fishing in Italy?

I would hazard a guess at anywhere that you'd normally fly fish for trout as it's essentially fly fishing with a fixed line 🤷

It's Japanese roots revolve around targeting small species of their genetically distinct native trout. The fly patterns are certainly interesting. Unfortunately on our waters we have found it has attracted a certain strange type of 'numbers brigade' that think it acceptable, even desirable, to deliberately target undersized brown trout and grayling (and worse still salmon parr😡) in the upper nursery reaches. These gullible infants have been deliberately avoided in the name of stock conservation by many generations of angler precisely because they deserve to be left well alone. I call that bloody unsporting

Dear All,
Yesterday, one of my friends sent me this post. Now we are planning for Tenkara fishing. What is the prime location for Tenkara fishing in Italy?
Where water stuff is I reckon ;)

Dear All,
With all respect, since this is a UK Sea fishing forum, I very much doubt if many, or even any of the members have been there, or done Tenkara fishing.

Respected Members,
First of all, I apologize for my question. I live in UAE and don't have any idea about fishing in Europe. That's why I asked just a question about Tenkara fishing in Italy. My friend lives in Rome. I sent a screenshot to him about your comments. He sent me this link.
This link may help you to know that we can do Tenkara fishing in Italy.
Thanks again, all of you.

I have tried Tenkara on the river Dee around Llangollen with reasonable success, its basically nymphing on a short line. I dont have the gear but a guy i used to fish with did. We or he didnt target small fish, just your normal average stamp of Brownies and Grayling. I wouldnt go out my way to do it again as you can basically do the same thing with a fly rod (y)

Back