• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Where Are The Hounds

I thought fox hunting had been banned :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Quite a few in Battersea mate.;)

Ian.

Next cycle of tides possibly 2 usually round here . Put my head out and say the 16th 18th of May might see a few show from the beaches . Although has been quite cold up till now

Next cycle of tides possibly 2 usually round here . Put my head out and say the 16th 18th of May might see a few show from the beaches . Although has been quite cold up till now
Yes, i think we are looking at late May to be honest, as you say, still quite cold. ;)

Ian.

Hopefully netted out and used as pot bait.
Over grown dogfish with delusions of grandeur.
Poxy things eating my crab baits whilst targeting blonds.
They’re not my favourite. Maybe target them a couple of times in the summer but not overly bothered.

Bloody things were taking my crab codling baits in November 🙄

My fishing mate had two, biggest about 6lb, in the Solent a few days ago.
Pups are a bloody nuisance but slightly better than catching a doggie.

Last edited:
As said earlier reckon with this cold weather be few weeks behind with the run this year, not heared anything coming out from usual Solent marks yet. Although bleeding Spider Crabs already showing up

They’re not my favourite. Maybe target them a couple of times in the summer but not overly bothered.

Bloody things were taking my crab codling baits in November 🙄

Not something I would target at all. They don't fall under my Fish > Catch > Eat regime. Same applies to Rays. Everyone to their own.

Poxy things eating my crab baits whilst targeting blonds.
Would soon change your mind seeing frozen tonne blocks of hounds, dogs and your beloved juvenile blondes stacked up in freezers to be used for whelks / pot bait.
If it was those pigs of the sea bass and cod would soon be moaning.

As said earlier reckon with this cold weather be few weeks behind with the run this year, not heared anything coming out from usual Solent marks yet. Although bleeding Spider Crabs already showing up
Same as most of Sussex coast :(

Poxy things eating my crab baits whilst targeting blonds.🤣
you dont like a bit of sport then and bit of a dumb answer really
just like blonds (dumb)

Back