• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Wild Camping and Lure Fishing on Dorset's Jurassic Coast

DJDBazzer

Reaction score
Hello gang.

It has been a very long time... Almost 5 months, in fact.

I finally got out with my lure rod on Thursday, I decided to head down to a quarry in Dorset where I had been rewarded with a few fish, this time last year.

The fishing wasn't half as good as last year, but it was really nice to get away and enjoy some alone time.

I put a video together for anyone who may be interested,

this-1-2.jpg

Nice one DJ, great pics mate, nice spikey too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Hello gang.

It has been a very long time... Almost 5 months, in fact.

I finally got out with my lure rod on Thursday, I decided to head down to a quarry in Dorset where I had been rewarded with a few fish, this time last year.

The fishing wasn't half as good as last year, but it was really nice to get away and enjoy some alone time.

I put a video together for anyone who may be interested,

View attachment 62630

Nice one Dave, glad you got your season off to a fishy start. Looked a bit daunting though and I don’t envy you the weight of that backpack. Cheers, Bob.

Right decision to retreat, always another day. Always good to get off the mark though 👍

Very true mate.

Lovely early bass, what a great mark to spend some time on too

Cheers fella. Definitely one of my favs

Nice one DJ, great pics mate, nice spikey too. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Thanks Ian. Good to get off the mark

Nice one Dave, glad you got your season off to a fishy start. Looked a bit daunting though and I don’t envy you the weight of that backpack. Cheers, Bob.

Thankyou.
Haha ye that was me packing light 🤣
Cheers Bob!

I Had some nice undulate rays off there a few years ago and conger to just over 30lb.

View attachment 62673

Nice one mate. We've bait fished there a few times and lost a couple of decent eels. Great spot for bass, and also bream a bit later in the year, so I'm told.

Nice report Dave! Well done! I'll hopefully catch up with the video later today. 🎣🎣👍👍

EDIT: Forgot to hit 'post reply' again - it was below the bottom of the screen! 🙄🙄
Anyway, caught up with your Youtube offerings yesterday!

I have had that backpack lowered down over a wall to me. I thought I was ready for it - nope!

Back