• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Wlure short shank trebles

eastcoastgreg

Reaction score
Having seen some good reviews òf these on YouTube, ordered some to try out.
They look the business though Im wondering if I should have got the long shank version..

Anyone used them in anger ?

Attachments

• 20210212_223938.jpg
    20210212_223938.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 6
They look the business though Im wondering if I should have got the long shank version..

They look sharp and I like incurved points. Please review once you have tried them. PH

Wlure also do a lighter straight point treble. Used both for perch and pike with no problem but that is not a real test.
My usual test for seeing how brittle they are by putting them in a fly tying vice and give them a "twang" was also passed.

Look good for pike fishing.

Lot of cheap Chinese... good stuff ?? Gotta be summat wrong there cos you only get a lot of cheap Chinese shite everybody knows that don't they?

Lot of cheap Chinese... good stuff ?? Gotta be summat wrong there cos you only get a lot of cheap Chinese shite everybody knows that don't they?
Some of my favourite hooks are made by Mustad - unfortunately in China now, not Norway. That's not so bad; it's the blatant infringement of copyright of some products which I don't like. PH

...really..?

That is the point I am making. There are a lot of people who think that anything made in China, especially if it is cheap has to be rubbish... They need to open their eyes to the fact that China is now a hi tech manufacturing world class power base. I watched a youtube video the other day where someone was testing a small lure rod, ultra light it was cost less than €60 and the reviewer could not fault the rod. They are now selling ultra light casting reels for €50-60 that are challenging the casting capabilities of reels costing ten times as much. You would be mad to think that they are as well made but they are getting something right are they not ? People ignore the fact that the Chinese are an extremely intelligent people as history shows, this is now coming to the fore again.

That is the point I am making. There are a lot of people who think that anything made in China, especially if it is cheap has to be rubbish... They need to open their eyes to the fact that China is now a hi tech manufacturing world class power base. I watched a youtube video the other day where someone was testing a small lure rod, ultra light it was cost less than €60 and the reviewer could not fault the rod. They are now selling ultra light casting reels for €50-60 that are challenging the casting capabilities of reels costing ten times as much. You would be mad to think that they are as well made but they are getting something right are they not ? People ignore the fact that the Chinese are an extremely intelligent people as history shows, this is now coming to the fore again.
Aah... I failed to spot the note of sarcasm in your post..
The west and the more affluent parts of the east have sold their supply chains down the Yangtze. Very very expensive to retrieve it now and the internet means we can buy direct cutting out the layers of profit margin.
Plus they are making great quality gear..

Back