• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Zziplex light bass, value.

This is mine, not black as I said, I havent used it in a while, but carbon coloured. It has a slim but 20 mm very light and if you felt the need to be able hold through a tide with as I'vealready said plenty of back bone to launch a 4 onz lead. the only issue I have is the 8 ft tip which makes transportation a bit of a pain.

Attachments

• 20240509_125852.jpg
    20240509_125852.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240509_125836.jpg
    20240509_125836.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240509_125822.jpg
    20240509_125822.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Possible of the same era as the blue and “original” hst which some folks go nuts for either way anything Zziplex has a great pedigree, with many disciples.

Last edited:
This is mine, not black as I said, I havent used it in a while, but carbon coloured. It has a slim but 20 mm very light and if you felt the need to be able hold through a tide with as I'vealready said plenty of back bone to launch a 4 onz lead. the only issue I have is the 8 ft tip which makes transportation a bit of a pain.
Mine are well and truly maxed out with a 4oz lead and 3oz is ideal for them. They’re not a rod for launching baits long distances, more lobbing up to about 80 yards.

Mine are well and truly maxed out with a 4oz lead and 3oz is ideal for them. They’re not a rod for launching baits long distances, more lobbing up to about 80 yards.
Yep your right, launching wasn't the right word, I think 80 yards with a decent crab bait is good performance for a slim bass rod.

Last edited:
if I was a dedicated bass freak would have to have a zziplex powertex bass for 5oz and general lite beach fishing and a bass lite for the more delicate bass fishing and small leads, float fishing, etc.
As for having x2 pure luxury and one could be semi sacrificial with pair of rods for life or even sell one and then buy powertex bass endless possibilities for man about bass,🤠

Possible of the same era as the blue and “original” hst which some folks go nuts for either way anything Zziplex has a great pedigree, with many disciples.
I use to use mine paired with a Zziplex NG1 so even before the blue HST, I couldn't aford pairs of rods in them days.

I use to use mine paired with a Zziplex NG1 so even before the blue HST, I couldn't aford pairs of rods in them days.
Never really thought of buying two of the same and done it only once and quickly sold one probably due to the venues fished and type of fishing done where more than one rod a liability on rock edges or on the move frequently or a popular mark where two rods not popular due to restricting another dangler.
Had a beach I fished frequently and would fish two rods when static for a good few hours but not a long tramp humping gear, with weight been a consideration.
Still have more rods than I can use though even after a good cull couple of years back and feel another coming on shortly.
Going to end up with x2 rods, one been heavy use other not, but will probably never use the latter 🤔😂

Last edited:
Back