• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 09.02.2023

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
2023, february , trip three.

southbourne.

approx 20.15- 0300.

weather,- dry , started overcast but cleared later, light variable winds, cold.

tides,- 3/4 moon waneing, largeish tide with 1st highwater for abour 9pm.

sea state, smooth, occasional sets of swells no more than a meter or so, leaving good tables.

baits,- manky rag, froze lug,/bluey,/sandeel.

rigs, 2 hook flappers, drop down with a flier hook, pulley,

fishing solo tonight, at the mark that shares my name. conditions looked really good just a shame it was in february , any fish a bonus.

20230209_203310[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

fished one short and one long to start, one reel loaded with 12b/bs line on the clean ground hopeing for more distance to see if that helps., should be little weed trouble in feb.

first fish was a micro bass in close on a rig with bling & mank rag. but it took a while to follow it with anything else, bites were few & far between .

20230209_212219[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

but the enevitable pin 'ting turned up, so that was 2 ticks on the half hearted specie hunt.

20230209_215358[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr.

then the clouds cleared, the moon rose, and it got colder.

20230209_223302[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

kiss of death usually.
well i stuck it till about 3am but could only find a few more tings. bloody sand!!

Bloody sand indeed. I feel the same about the moon there, but have caught well when it was out! That beach fished well last year. At some point it will turn on.

Nice report & photos Gordon - well done that man! 🎣🎣👍👍

2023, february , trip three.

southbourne.

approx 20.15- 0300.

weather,- dry , started overcast but cleared later, light variable winds, cold.

tides,- 3/4 moon waneing, largeish tide with 1st highwater for abour 9pm.

sea state, smooth, occasional sets of swells no more than a meter or so, leaving good tables.

baits,- manky rag, froze lug,/bluey,/sandeel.

rigs, 2 hook flappers, drop down with a flier hook, pulley,

fishing solo tonight, at the mark that shares my name. conditions looked really good just a shame it was in february , any fish a bonus.

20230209_203310[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

fished one short and one long to start, one reel loaded with 12b/bs line on the clean ground hopeing for more distance to see if that helps., should be little weed trouble in feb.

first fish was a micro bass in close on a rig with bling & mank rag. but it took a while to follow it with anything else, bites were few & far between .

20230209_212219[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

but the enevitable pin 'ting turned up, so that was 2 ticks on the half hearted specie hunt.

20230209_215358[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr.

then the clouds cleared, the moon rose, and it got colder.

20230209_223302[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

kiss of death usually.
well i stuck it till about 3am but could only find a few more tings. bloody sand!!
Good effort Gordon!

Back