• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 11.11.21. hurst

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
fourteen,
11.11.21. hurst. 1700-06

fed up with chesil , all i catch there are dogs & eels. plus a storm was blowing in from the s/w , might have already been on chesil by the time i'd got there hence off to the shingle bank .

bait- squid, cuttle, launce, black lug.

rigs, two hook flapper , pulley, up n overs.

stomped up towards the corner , quiet beach all to myself . stiff southerly breeze, pretty flat , water was clear. high tide was somewhen arround 1600. neap, big bright half moon already high over the island.

20211111_172649[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

rods cast, & settle down tide turns to ebb, no bites but no weed either, wind increasing.
about 2 hours later, tide pull has slackened, plus catching a smattering of eels and dogfish.

towards low wind was gusting stronger, eels and dogs had gone off the feed, surf picking up a bit. ditched the flapper for a pulley , with eyes set on a ray or a unicorn as the tide turns both have eluded me thus far this year.

the tide turned and started to rip, a little weed was starting to come through but just a manageable handful, some on the rig & some blown up the line to the tip eye by the wind.

fished hard for an hour or so before realising that i was well into the flood and it was still fishable.
fatigue got me and i started to nod off. waking to find one rod stood straight and slack.
a swift wind down found the rig had swept right into the beach down tide, no weed, no fish just a sad washed out lugworm.:( took this opportunity to swop rigs for fresh sharper hooks and fished on catching just one more doggie before admitting defeat at about 6am by which time the wind was enough to almost blow me over into the back waters on the way back. water should be nicely coloured now and if the wind drop this venue will be spot on for .................... dogfish and eels:D

Great report, shame the rays did not show.

Great report and unlucky on your targets. Was toying with going to hurst myself over the weekend but an invitation to the pub might have won me over instead.

Nice report there mate, unlucky none the targets showed for you tho.

Back