• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 22 hrs of dangerling

Sat saw us on our 14 hr club rover should have been on ferrybrige but with storm dick head moveing thru we made other plans stay local first popped to Beer for a few hrs it was humping in but just about fishable 3 hrs not a bite the wind changed direction slightly so popped over to Seaton try for a Mac or ray on the ebb not a touch decided to pop over the local cafe for some scran and hatch a plan I poured over the usual weather apps and noticed that the wind was due to change direction slightly opening up the west chesil beach’s even tho there were due to be 50 mph gusts it was due to pulling round to north west so altho not comfortable we might be able to fish . We arrived to empty beach few D ig walkers but only us fishing sure enough the wind was ripping along but the sea was flattening a fair dump but doable hitting the cast high and letting the wind push the cast out then putting a big bow in the line like upcasting I was holding with a six ounce and straight away I landed a 3lb . 13 oz se ray at 45 cm across the wing weighable for the comp the next few hrs saw us catching a steady stream of pout dogs and my mate snagged a small hound . I’d been banging out single blacks on a bragnell bar with a foot long trace trying for a sole and it had a decent bite but on retrieve this was no sole head thumping had me quietly, confident of my first cod of the year and so it was all 4 lb 3 oz lovely stuff few more dogs and pout but then an hr before high it switched off not a touch and the end of the comp was upon us so we packed up and headed home around early evening I had a text I wasn’t expecting our monthly boat comp off beer was in great in one respect but that ment I had to be up at 6 and I wasn’t getting to bed till 1.30 am 🥱🥱😴😴

Day 2 out of beer for 8 hr trip loads of bream red gurnard conger scad poorcod digs hounds very few but huge Chanel chaser mackerel a nice thorn back for me and a boat pb pollock of 12lb for another lad cracking inshore reef fish that put up an epic scrap on light gear cracking day but I feel proper f@@ked 😮😮View attachment 49389View attachment 49390View attachment 49391View attachment 49392View attachment 49393View attachment 49394
Nice one Tats (y) 😁

Back