• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

25mm floating beads

I wonder what the lifting power of these various bit of plastic you intend throwing into the ocean actually have. I mean do they really lift your bait off the bottom ? Have you tested it? How many inches do you need to use to achieve this. For what it's worth 3 of the 10mm cork balls from Blackdog will lift a 1gm cheb of the bottom, 2 x 25mm pop up beads will do the same.

I wonder what the lifting power of these various bit of plastic you intend throwing into the ocean actually have. I mean do they really lift your bait off the bottom ? Have you tested it? How many inches do you need to use to achieve this. For what it's worth 3 of the 10mm cork balls from Blackdog will lift a 1gm cheb of the bottom, 2 x 25mm pop up beads will do the same.
The joint backer rod foam used for window and door gaps that I use work fine - I did tests with it in a small aquarium tank :)

well you can have a laugh at me :ROFLMAO: just got these controller floats for the bass and they all sink , reread add sinking floating floats ??? :rolleyes:, so off to garage to drill them and try filling them with silicone to get them to float :LOL:

How about cutting corks out of wine bottles bit of sanding and you have the perfect size also the drinking of the wine gives you an excuse lol
we used to use them as a plug for the clinker wooden fishing boat to block the drain hole. (y)

My other passion Warby72, keeping fish.. (y)

Ian.
Pre COVID lockdowns I had 3 tanks on the go mate. A wee 60ltr, a 100ltr and a big 200ltr one with external filtration, surface skimmer and injected Co2 running off a 15kg fire extinguisher. Due to failing health maintenance became difficult and then with rising electricity prices it started to become expensive so I made the decision to shut them down. Gave fish and plants away to a mate that has 7 tanks, so they went to a good home.
I'm toying with the idea of restarting the 60ltr and having a wee shoal of Celestial pearl danios 😍
1706013899483.png

Pre COVID lockdowns I had 3 tanks on the go mate. A wee 60ltr, a 100ltr and a big 200ltr one with external filtration, surface skimmer and injected Co2 running off a 15kg fire extinguisher. Due to failing health maintenance became difficult and then with rising electricity prices it started to become expensive so I made the decision to shut them down. Gave fish and plants away to a mate that has 7 tanks, so they went to a good home.
I'm toying with the idea of restarting the 60ltr and having a wee shoal of Celestial pearl danios 😍
View attachment 58111
I have been keeping Tropical fish for 50+ years, my current tank is a 450ltr Juwel Rio, running three external filters. They give so much pleasure. Good luck with the new tank if you do. (y)

Ian.

I have been keeping Tropical fish for 50+ years, my current tank is a 450ltr Juwel Rio, running three external filters. They give so much pleasure. Good luck with the new tank if you do. (y)

Ian.
Always fancied a cold water tank with some small Carp or Koi in it, but we haven't really got the room for one.
I used to have a 25 metre x 15 metre spring fed pond at my cottage with Koi, Carp & big Goldfish in it until the Heron got at it.
A relative has got a marine tank as part of the dividing wall between two rooms. Cost him a fortune to have it put in, and I don't think they are easy to run.

Back