• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 27.7.22 chesil, cogden

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
five.
27.7.22 chesil, shallow end.

fished high tide to high tide ish, about 9pm-0730.

conditions, dry, over cast light variable winds, full dark saw no moon.

baits. dexter wedge , frozen lug/squid/mackerel , live then deadbaited pout.

rigs, 3 hooks clipped,/dropper,/pulley/ up n over..

stumbleing down the concrete path i hoped my knackered knee would behave , found people pitched more or less where i wanted to be, was invited to pitch just to their right but wandered a fair way on past. then wondered if i had missed the clay patches. water looked a little murky but with the baits out i set up a light rod with a wedge lure and flung that about for a bit in the dusk, hooked one but bounced it off , a quick inspection found blunt hooks.

20220727_202621[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

settled in to fish the night, mostly sml worm baits, there was a little weed on the ebb but nothing much to worry about. no fish either till i hooked a wee tubb gurnard as low water approached.

20220727_224255[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

added some larger fishy baits over low water where a number of straps came on the feed at all ranges along with a single LSDogger.. a double shot of pout were utilised as bass baits but only yealded straps.

20220728_011321[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

20220728_014132[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

weed also became a bit of a problem on the flood, nothing drastic but a pain up the arse when lines washed together. fished the tide back up , dragged the wedges back out at dawn, caught one mackerel and lost another.

20220728_054918[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

chopped my remaining bait into the surf and left a rod in close as i packed away but no bonus bass so headded home great beach time to salve my soul but not very productive.

20220728_055238[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

Well done for effort mate , at least you didn’t blank , it only takes one decent fish to make a great session

Well done for effort mate , at least you didn’t blank , it only takes one decent fish to make a great session
thats why the bonus bass rod gets left out after i've chopped and groundbaited while packing up. - sometimes works

Nice report & photos Gordon. Well done! ????

Back