• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West 30lb 7oz BC shore cod

I hope it was returned... ;)

Ian.

I hope it was returned... ;)

Ian.
I guess that was a bit tongue in cheek but unfortunately it wasn’t.

Totally up to the chap what he wanted to do with his fish and absolutely not criticising that, but I would I think have tried to return it, just because they’re so rare now.

But cod don’t always go back that well anyway, plus depends how it was hooked I guess.

Just my thoughts, really don’t mind that he personally kept it.

Only one I got but that’s on west coast angling Facebook free page it’s a video with weight verification.

Attachments

• IMG_4725.png
    IMG_4725.png
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 41
Here you go for all you non FB folks.

Apparently tried to return it. I would have too as doubt it’d taste that great at that size. But if it wasn’t going swimming off then might as well take it home.The smaller one definitely would have been coming home!

Attachments

• IMG_5067.png
    IMG_5067.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5066.png
    IMG_5066.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 48
Here you go for all you non FB folks.

Apparently tried to return it. I would have too as doubt it’d taste that great at that size. But if it wasn’t going swimming off then might as well take it home.The smaller one definitely would have been coming home!
Ah fair one, I didn’t see that bit of text. Every time I tried to view it on Facebook the blooming video opened up.

Yep totally if it clearly wasn’t going back, it was definitely going in the freezer.
The smaller one yep, would have no chance!

My post was tongue in cheek, Cod and Whiting are very difficult to return and survive for some reason. But none of us really know what happens to the fish we do return and seem to swim off ok, only to perhaps die later, sadly.. :(

Ian.

My post was tongue in cheek, Cod and Whiting are very difficult to return and survive for some reason. But none of us really know what happens to the fish we do return and seem to swim off ok, only to perhaps die later, sadly.. :(

Ian.
Yep I would try, depending on how it was hooked, but I wouldn’t go into it feeling particularly confident.

And yes, I thought it was lol. But it was something I’d already considered, if it had been me that caught it

Back