• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 4 minutes to go. Target achieved!

Goateeblank

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Still taking it steady (after failed base jump) so another easy fish from the van was in order today.

Fished at Calshot. I am a member and have an annual parking permit, so the more l go, the cheaper it is - well to my way of thinking anyway. Its got a castle as well! A nice backdrop for my van.

20230227_161611.jpg

Leant two 10 ft flattie rods against the wooden railings after casting out 2 x 3 hook flappers, with size 4 hooks and old ragworm, one with pop ups on, one bare. Both rods bungeed on as usual. The idea was to fish the tide up. Target was a flounder, but a decent bass (like last time) is always nice.

Stayed out for a while, but the North East wind was cold, a bit brisk and affecting my shoulder. Back into the van, radio on, diesel heater on and tea from the flask to compliment slices of last nights home made pizza. Tough life!

Nothing happened, nothing at all. Not even crabs pulling at the bait. Bait was coming in untouched. Still warm and comfy and out of the house, so happy enough.

I decided to finish at 3. I ranged the rods in a bit, while still trying to keep the bait in the gulley. As l set the second rod, the first one registered a bite and kept going. This time its not a big bass and it stays low and out of sight. I did not see the fish until l lifted it up over the wall and there it is, number 10 for my, until now, stalled species hunt, my target for the day a flounder.

20230227_145925.jpg
20230227_175855.jpg

Picture taken at 2.59. He has a chunk missing out of him. I wonder if l will catch him again in the future?

On the way home l stopped and took a picture of the last remaining part of Fawley power station. It was the control centre for the station and looked like a flying saucer. They filmed there for Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation, Solo A Star Wars Story and an episode of Red Dwarf.

20230227_152638.jpg

Good luck if you are out.

Another nice report Goatee! Lovely photos! Well done! 🎣🎣👍👍

Failed base jump? Sounds scary? Did you have your lucky socks on? Keep fishing - it's generally a good bit safer!👍

Didn't you see the video? Goaty went base jumping off a ladder. 🙄🙄

Ten down... nice
Ta. This time last year I was on 26! I don't seem to have quite the fire this year and my accident has sure has not helped. Last year had a bit of a different flavour for me with some decent specimen size fish and good pb's. I like different!

Nice warrior of a flounder . Also like your thinking about membership costs being less the more you go , haha I'm exactly the same with my tickets .
He has done well and hope he continues to. Be great to catch him again sometime. I don't always fish when there. Mrs Goatee comes and we watch the shipping traffic and eat nice things and sometimes we even talk to each other!

Back