• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

£7.50 for 8000 size reel?

Pendeenpiscator

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Just bought the cheapest reel I have ever bought for a bit of fun, it's a Rovex Powerspin, think they have quite a few (Angling Direct), they sell for anything from £20-£30 on eBay,Amazon etc. It looks ok, might not last, but I do like a bargain! I've still got an uptide rod from a few years ago, without a suitable reel for it,(shore not boats),
Looks like a lot of cheap Chinese reels on the market. If it's any better than an ornament I will update this post

Yes I will, be putting on 15lb Daiwa Sensor, it's really just so I can use my uptide rod again. I got rid of my sea fishing gear about 15 years ago, I had some good kit, sold it for a song when lost my job:(. Now retired,so safe from that now.

Can you make these left handed? Picture show right hand only. Looking for something cheap to ‘dunk’ when I’m out on kayak.

I got 2x 10 quid ones called silence 6000 lol ?for dunking underwater which they have been many times in the sea with no cleaning after ...
I can't break the 1st one had few bass on it ...pike chub even a barbel lol the spare in box still loo

Can you make these left handed? Picture show right hand only. Looking for something cheap to ‘dunk’ when I’m out on kayak.

Fairly certain that, like most F/S reels, these Rovex Powerspin can be changed to Left or Right hand wind. £7.50 for an 8000 sized reel with a quoted 12 bearings is an absolute bargain, even if it only lasts 12 months.

Not sure, I think you can, will let you know when I get it. Apparently it's Australian so it bound to be upside down lol
Or you cast backwards :ROFLMAO:. I have some Jarvis Walker reels from 2000 size fs to multies, all have s/steel shafts and are salt water proof so they say. I do rinse mine after fishing in warm water and re oil them. Some are over 10 years old and still going strong(y)

Or you cast backwards :ROFLMAO:. I have some Jarvis Walker reels from 2000 size fs to multies, all have s/steel shafts and are salt water proof so they say. I do rinse mine after fishing in warm water and re oil them. Some are over 10 years old and still going strong(y)
I have occasionally cast backwards, luckily no one behind me,will I have to face away from the sea?:unsure:

On another fishing forum , there is a chap who is really good at recognising reel shapes, he has bought about a half dozen dirt cheap reels of far eastern manufacture , they are visually identical in every way except livery to Shimmys, Penns and Daiwas but cost literally a couple pf quid. He has stripped away all the cheap bushes etc and replaced with good bearings and he is now trying his best to trash them , but failing miserably .

He says if he gets a year out of the lot he will be happy but it seems that they are far better than he imagined they would
be .
If you dont mind a bit of fettling you could save a good wedge I suppose , of course you cannot be a tackle tart doing this, but you can have a chuckle at those of us who spend a fortune on matching reels with big name manufacturers labels.

Dave

It's only money that stops me being a tackle tart, I really like fishing reels:oops:,my preference is multipliers, unfortunately lots of other people like them!
This time it was going to be different,I suppose £7.50 can't be described as tartery, although it is shiny:ROFLMAO:

Just received the reel, you can swap the handle, overall it's not bad, the handle retaining knob is a nice gaudy gold plastic, a lot of it is 9 carat gold or similar heavy metal, it's quite heavy, so if you do dunk it you will need a heavy lifting rig to reclaim it from the seabed:giggle:

Just received the reel, you can swap the handle, overall it's not bad, the handle retaining knob is a nice gaudy gold plastic, a lot of it is 9 carat gold or similar heavy metal, it's quite heavy, so if you do dunk it you will need a heavy lifting rig to reclaim it from the seabed:giggle:
Or you could just leave it there.

Back