• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast 8.323 milford

geejayy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
2023, still march, trip seven.

milford.whitehouse, approx 20.00-0100, short sesh'

weather, cold overcast , fog & rain showers, northeasterly but barely any wind.

tides, building spring , moon well past last quarter high water -midnightish 2.6m

sea state , large groundswell , beach erroded away from prom since last visit, pretty much as i watched .

baits, old half dead rag from last week, squid, prawn,bluey.

rigs, two hooks clipped, up n over, pulley

the plans with team utter blankers had been cancelled due to inclement weather, plan had been southbourne. so i planned a solo jaunt to use up the old rag at monks hill . with the snow melting around my house i set off but i ended up going to hordle where there were a few cars in the carpark which made me think there may be a match on so i went back to the whitehouse carpark by the toilet block.

20230308_212818[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

errosion has changed this beach immensely over the years to the point where there wasnt enough beach to really pitch a pivvy on. i set up on the beach. discovering that my suit aint rain proof anymore , hate getting wet, but once wet dont care as long as still warmish.

5oz grips held more or less, plenty of tide but no weed in the water this time of year ( or fish :-(. )

an incoming wave swamped me thigh deep in foam while on beach so i vacated to the prom where there is really not quite enough room to cast a long rod. unless you have the steps behind you.

20230308_232209[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

At least my old flask kept the soup hot tonight , challenging session but no sign of a fish. a good 5ft of the beach had gone by the time i left.

20230309_010045[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

2023, still march, trip seven.

milford.whitehouse, approx 20.00-0100, short sesh'

weather, cold overcast , fog & rain showers, northeasterly but barely any wind.

tides, building spring , moon well past last quarter high water -midnightish 2.6m

sea state , large groundswell , beach erroded away from prom since last visit, pretty much as i watched .

baits, old half dead rag from last week, squid, prawn,bluey.

rigs, two hooks clipped, up n over, pulley

the plans with team utter blankers had been cancelled due to inclement weather, plan had been southbourne. so i planned a solo jaunt to use up the old rag at monks hill . with the snow melting around my house i set off but i ended up going to hordle where there were a few cars in the carpark which made me think there may be a match on so i went back to the whitehouse carpark by the toilet block.

20230308_212818[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

errosion has changed this beach immensely over the years to the point where there wasnt enough beach to really pitch a pivvy on. i set up on the beach. discovering that my suit aint rain proof anymore , hate getting wet, but once wet dont care as long as still warmish.

5oz grips held more or less, plenty of tide but no weed in the water this time of year ( or fish :-(. )

an incoming wave swamped me thigh deep in foam while on beach so i vacated to the prom where there is really not quite enough room to cast a long rod. unless you have the steps behind you.

20230308_232209[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr

At least my old flask kept the soup hot tonight , challenging session but no sign of a fish. a good 5ft of the beach had gone by the time i left.

20230309_010045[1] by gordon underwood, on Flickr
Plenty of people blanking Gordon....... its March. Good report.

Plenty of people blanking Gordon....... its March. Good report.
when i was into the specie hunt madness, march just left me hunting a shore rockling at avon beach its that or other mini's i guess once you've ticked off the plaice
Nice report.Do like the look of the TDXS129PM nice rod.(y)
bought it as a stop gap years ago when i rebuilt an awb , softer but a nice action.
Good effort though Gordon! Scary that half the beach disappeared though!
can remember it like this DSCF3133.JPGDSCF3133.JPG

I was at the end of Hurst Spit, Milford, last weekend, behind the lighthouse. I discovered the end section, maybe 50yards, had also gone missing!! Completely different shape than my last visit about 3mths ago.
No fish tho!!

Yep, nice report Gordon. Shame no fishies about, but a good read anyway. Well done for the effort! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back