• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A couple of better fish, from this a month of tiddlers?

Si-fly

Reaction score
I know, I'm letting the side down chasing minnows.... But I stupidly agreed to enter the Hookpoint comp, and me being me, I jump right in all or nothing style!.... So the big fish are still out there smiling ?

Saying that, I have had 2 or 3 short trips local looking for a few specimen points.

The month kind of started well... First trip 2 specimen hounds around 11-14lb, a bass and a silver eel.... ?...... However I soon realized that I'd left the scales at home, so they didnt count as specimens ?IMG_20220801_222855~2_resize_82.jpgVID_20220801_220033_exported_2142.jpg
A trip after a Thorney then produced a few bass and finally a specimen for the comp at 6lb 5....enjoyed that trip, found a small ray as well ?IMG_20220818_202351~2_resize_12.jpg
Tried Chesil then for a trigger and Red gurnard /mullet.
It was a slow day!... After a move found a few fish and a lovely Red gurnard.... Beautiful fish gurnards. IMG-20220815-WA0006~2.jpg
Then last night had 3 hrs on the rays down Minehead..... Very sloooooow!
Just 1 bite a 4lb strap, and almost time to pack, when off went a squid bait.

After a lively scrap in the tide on my supermatch, I soon realised that this was no ray taking line.... And then up came a head with teeth!.... An angry Conger going 14lb.....bit too small for comp specimen unfortunately ☹️IMG_20220826_210902~2.jpg
Made the trip worthwhile, first better one in ages!

I won't bother you guys with the tiddler pics...... Unless there is interest? ?

Cheers all Si

I know, I'm letting the side down chasing minnows.... But I stupidly agreed to enter the Hookpoint comp, and me being me, I jump right in all or nothing style!.... So the big fish are still out there smiling ?

Saying that, I have had 2 or 3 short trips local looking for a few specimen points.

The month kind of started well... First trip 2 specimen hounds around 11-14lb, a bass and a silver eel.... ?...... However I soon realized that I'd left the scales at home, so they didnt count as specimens ?View attachment 31461View attachment 31462
A trip after a Thorney then produced a few bass and finally a specimen for the comp at 6lb 5....enjoyed that trip, found a small ray as well ?View attachment 31463
Tried Chesil then for a trigger and Red gurnard /mullet.
It was a slow day!... After a move found a few fish and a lovely Red gurnard.... Beautiful fish gurnards. View attachment 31465
Then last night had 3 hrs on the rays down Minehead..... Very sloooooow!
Just 1 bite a 4lb strap, and almost time to pack, when off went a squid bait.

After a lively scrap in the tide on my supermatch, I soon realised that this was no ray taking line.... And then up came a head with teeth!.... An angry Conger going 14lb.....bit too small for comp specimen unfortunately ☹️View attachment 31466
Made the trip worthwhile, first better one in ages!

I won't bother you guys with the tiddler pics...... Unless there is interest? ?

Cheers all Si
Well done si , we always love pictures of fish especially unusual ones , like this one I caught CFFCED46-9645-4B1A-BC85-FBD317E5E24F.jpeg
I think I earnt brownie points for catching that beut

Another great report & photos Si! Lovely Bass and a spanking Gurnard - nice photo. Well done! ????

Well done si , we always love pictures of fish especially unusual ones , like this one I caught View attachment 31470
I think I earnt brownie points for catching that beut
Ah I know, read your report.... Very jealous..... Red mullet as well.... Envious!!..?. Both still on wish list ?
Well done John ?

I basically had targets, cuckoo, rockcook, ringneck, leopard spotted, Topknot.... With a few others like scorp/dragonets that I'd like but weren't main targets.

I got all my main ones, bar the Topknot (saw a number, but could only get them to sniff my by then dead worm ?) lad with me missed a couple but got the dragonet and scorp which I missed.

Back