• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast A couple of hours at Seatown

squidword

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Thought we'd try a few hours even though the tide wasn't great. Started at low, only because there was a bit of rain in the air and the beach was quiet for a change. First cast a small plaice for me, then a red mullet for my boy. The pop up rigs kept us busy, mackerel nearly every chuck. 3 lovely garfish for my boy so he was pleased. After a couple of hours the dipsticks were out, swimming under the lines and paddle boarders getting lines around thier bodies so decided to pack up. I'm sure they do it on purpose? Despite having the whole beach to choose from, they always decide to do it in front of you? Anyways a plesent few hours, so can't grumble. IMG_20230910_112127.jpgIMG_20230910_120619.jpgIMG_20230910_113404.jpgIMG_20230910_125059.jpg

Great report & photos Squiddy! Well done to you & junior! 🎣🎣👍👍

I sympathize with you about the other beach users - I was out fishing with some Lads a while ago, on a half mile long beach, and a girl in her mid teens insisted on going to & fro in front of us about 15 metres out. Nobody else in the water, it was early evening, and she didn't have the sense to move away one side or t'other. 🙄🙄

Theres always the potential upside..... two swimmers at Brighton..... both naked and beautifully buxom.
Swam up n down I found no reason to complain.......
Chesil Saturday, a beautiful blonde lady working on an all over tan dropped in next to me its not all bad chaps.
Oh, kitesurfers leave their kit on the beach so if they are being A holes and you need a piss theres some easy payback.

Theres always the potential upside..... two swimmers at Brighton..... both naked and beautifully buxom.
Swam up n down I found no reason to complain.......
Chesil Saturday, a beautiful blonde lady working on an all over tan dropped in next to me its not all bad chaps.
Oh, kitesurfers leave their kit on the beach so if they are being A holes and you need a piss theres some easy payback.
I'm never that lucky, always a leather skin hippo when it happens to me 😂. I did consider throwing his clothes in but thought better of it, I had it in my mind to pack up when the other beach users turned up, so was expected. Won't be long and someone will drown off that beach, you had the rib from West bay doing donuts around a 100 yards out, getting way to close to the shore, mum's and dad's with kids on paddle boards getting knocked into the water by the wake from the boats, some without life jackets. People tend to be totally thoughtless and selfish nowadays.

I'm never that lucky, always a leather skin hippo when it happens to me 😂. I did consider throwing his clothes in but thought better of it, I had it in my mind to pack up when the other beach users turned up, so was expected. Won't be long and someone will drown off that beach, you had the rib from West bay doing donuts around a 100 yards out, getting way to close to the shore, mum's and dad's with kids on paddle boards getting knocked into the water by the wake from the boats, some without life jackets. People tend to be totally thoughtless and selfish nowadays.
Had a kitesurfer on Hayling go through my line, not much i could do apart from hold on..... the six ounce lead and 5/0 pennel found the back of his calf and he got quite grumpy!.
I didnt get my rig back :-(

Nice mixed bag there mate, top dangling...Great pics too... 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Back