• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A couple of keepers wahooo

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I got back in about half an hour ago I'm shattered great day out at sea today the weather was great and we had fish from the first drop only small stuff, I soldiered on with a red head shad most of the morning getting small codling around 1 1/2lb to 2lb. Around dinner time I changed tactics to small daylights and a single hook 10oz pirk tipped with squid then some nice fish of around 3lb turned up I had 17 in total and 1 around 4lb i was chucking them back as I didn't need all of them.IMG20220602144725.jpg I gave a couple to an old fella who was out with us as he only had one fish all day, god knows what he was doing but it wasn't working for him. I kept 5 fish including 2 for the dogs, oh and I had the first mackerel of the season on the boat today which quickly became fresh bait. So hopefully they'll start showing in numbers bringing the bigger fish with them. I love gutting and filleting the fish on the way back in feeding the seagulls chucking the guts up in the air and watching them collide with each other trying to catch it.IMG20220602144429.jpgthey are there you just gotta zoom in ?. Well that's it for today going to chill out for a bit with a coffee. Hopefully another report on Sunday weather permitting it's giving light easterly winds which might put a bump on the water☹️.

Great report & photos Stevie - well done on the Coddies! ????

I used to enjoy cleaning the fish on the way back in on the boat, but when you had 150 odd Mackerel to do for distribution to the local OAP's, it got a bit tiresome!

Now that is the wrong attitude to have when you're feeding us OAPs. ?
I shall be joining that club in approximately 11 months! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back