• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

A Day On the Bass

Wobbler72

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
With the weather gods playing ball, I couldn’t resist another day out on the boat, joined by my friend Tim.

No dirty bait this time lures only, with Bass as the primary quarry.

After an uneventful run out, we arrived at our chosen mark about an hour and a half into the flood.

Second cast and Tim is into a decent fish, taking line from his new Penn reel. It gave him a good fight, causing him to worry over his knot-tying ability. But not to worry he got it to the boat where I was on hand to net it for him.

IMG_4959.jpeg

60cm and 5lb 2oz. A new PB for Tim to open his account for the day.

Soon after, I was into a few of my own. Not quite as big as Tim’s, but well into the 3lb range. And so it continued, with a steady stream of quality Welsh silver accepting a body piercing for the dubious privilege of meeting us face to face.

After a while, the catching dropped off a little and we moved along the bay. Eventually, we found a few more, my best going to around 4lb

IMG_4963.jpeg

Once again, we managed to find a couple of nice little Coalfish running to 2lb as well as some small Pollack.

On the way home, we came across a large agitated flock of Gulls, with a few Gannets diving. We chucked out our Bass lures and circled the birds before pulling the lures through them. Sadly, we didn’t find out what was beneath the surface, but I did get excited briefly as my rod bent double, only to find a Gull had tangled it’s wing in my line :rolleyes: We managed to untangle the ungrateful little b*gger without too much fuss and headed in for a few well earned beers.

The final tally was 15-20 Bass, 4 Coalfish and 6 Pollack. It had been another decent day afloat :)

Wow! Another great report & photos Wobbler! Some lovely Bass there. 🎣🎣(y)(y)

Back