• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East A few sessions chasing the silver Spikey’s

Action Man

Reaction score
Morning all, happy bank hols.
Ive been a bit lazy of late with writing reports, sorry about that but here’s another run down of a few sessions targeting my favourite silver Spikey’s. I promise I will be getting back to reporting per session in the autumn.
I’ve been fishing my usual north Kent and east Kent venues, generally doing what I can with these rapidly changing conditions to snag a bass and avoid the dreaded weed! There have been a few painfully early starts just to catch the tides and get my sessions in around work and family, but I guess you have to be in it to win it!
It has been good fun and sport and the last two sessions has resulted in 7 bass (two keepers), plus 2 chunky surprise flounders.

I have been going all in as well, often opting to use 3 rods, 2 tripods etc. Things can get chaotic but I kind of like that, though there is no easy way to travel light! using pulley Pennel and up and over rigs, mostly with whole squid. The only time I opted for lugworm resulted in the two sizeable flounders, one of the greedy buggers swallowed a 4/0 Sakuma manta hook AND a 3/0 circle hook. Needless to say, he didn’t swim off to well.

A few pics for you all, roll on the bigger fish in the autumn and the 5 yard casts.

Until next time

Alan

326D7ED9-CCDB-4361-AFD4-BAF46CC4E05A.jpeg

815C5184-0C65-4473-AC2C-CD4FE1AFB681.jpeg
D66585B6-FC5B-48CC-B1CB-703A5AB338FB.jpeg
8D685792-73BC-484C-836F-209DEE6FE70D.jpeg
46C36552-7FB6-4BA1-B26E-23F9B1786E65.jpeg

Some flat looking spikeys there mate! Lol! Some lovely fish, well done! Can’t wait for autumn and the mackerel heads in the gutter after dark. ??

Well done, some nice fish there?

Nice one, great pics. (y)

Ian.

Great fish nice one!

if you caught that flounder where I think you did they make good eating :)

Top stuff buddy… roll on the bigguns!

Well done on all the fish,??,nice looking early flounders too

Multi rod fishing can help to keep the chaos levels high! Also hard work.

Back