• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East A GOOD COD SESSION

DEEP SEA JOHN

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Seas perfect realy big swells tide big. I decided to fish s. shields pier dug some lovely yellow tails ( lug worm ) first three casts using up and over rig resulted in three good whiting 1. 1/2 lbs then first coddling 5.lb 2oz second 10mins later 5.lb then two more whiting and last codling 5.lb 4oz all the fish went back ok as they were full of roe. the sea got a bit too heavy
so a hasty retreat to the pub
An obsevation i think climate change i not afecting the cod ( not in the north east ) as fair catches are being reported just now i think its overfishing just my view
D.S.J. 🦀

Last edited:
Nice one! I don’t know, does seem as if colder water species have moved a bit - we certainly don’t see many here now, but I’m sure overfishing has taken plenty.

Us buying EVs and wearing sandals won’t make a damn bit of difference while India etc do what they like anyway, if man made emissions are indeed the problem

Last edited:
Nice report mate, good mixed bag of Whiting and Codling.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Nice one! I don’t know, does seem as if colder water species have moved a bit - we certainly don’t see many here now, but I’m sure overfishing has taken plenty.

Us buying EVs and wearing sandals won’t make a damn bit of difference while India etc do what they like anyway, if man made emissions are indeed the problem
Yep. Our efforts aren’t searching the surface. But then can you blame them, we chopped down all our forests and industrialised to improve living standards. Arguably they know the impact now so maybe if the rich western countries were to donate funds to improve their standard without them having to continue contributing to climate change job done! Won’t happen will it, just have to accept things will continue to get worse I’m afraid. Live for moment that’s all you can do.

Yep. Our efforts aren’t searching the surface. But then can you blame them, we chopped down all our forests and industrialised to improve living standards. Arguably they know the impact now so maybe if the rich western countries were to donate funds to improve their standard without them having to continue contributing to climate change job done! Won’t happen will it, just have to accept things will continue get worsen I’m afraid. Live for moment that’s all you can do.
I agree, can’t necessarily condemn former pre industrial nations for doing exactly the same things we did a century ago (or whatever).
In many cases the west is directly responsible for delaying the industrial revolution of other nations to get itself rich.

Which makes it a bit rich for the greenies in the UK to now boast about their EVs and grass sandals.

Anyway, sorry @DEEP SEA JOHN thats way off topic from your report - good to see some coddies coming in somewhere!

Nice report DSJ, sounds like you had a good session. 🎣🎣👍👍

Well done on the cod 👍 mate of mine was on north Shields last night had 6 he kept biggest 5 lb 8.
I thought ss pier was closed due to storm damage.?
i was on the first gate Steve. yes no one is going up the pier the sea was comming over no way was i going up there. a mate of mine fished the same spot sunday and had a 8lb 8oz cod 🦀

Last edited:
Well done on your session, we Jjust don't see that many codling on the Welsh side of the BristolChannel these days.

Great session 👍
You put them back 😮
Fair play, I suppose every little helps.
Can't bring myself to do it.

Just noticed this report is in the NW section. It should be in the NE section. There are still no cod on the West Coast 👎

Just noticed this report is in the NW section. It should be in the NE section. There are still no cod on the West Coast 👎
sorry about that i have corrected it i hope you see some cod soon we have had a bumper season of haddock first time in 35years
lets hope its a good sign
D.S.J.🦀

Back