• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East A night out

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Went out this morning at 0130 or the middle of the night. The winds had dropped and the rain had stopped. I got to the Middleton pier at Hartlepool at 01.50 it was a block tide I was fishing it down to low water at 05.50.As I walked on the pier a bloke was walking off and said he had a codling around 3lb and a few whiting but said it was really slow going. I got to the end and there was only me on I had the whole place to myself.IMG20211031015144.jpg I was set up and fishing using lug and squid. Within 5minutes the rod gave a little rattle and my first fish of the session a pin whiting.IMG20211031011604.jpgover the next 3 hours it was a whiting every cast I was kept busy nothing worth keeping but fun to catch and took my mind off how cold it was getting. I was so pleased I had my peacock hand warmers with me 1 in each pocket. I had a couple of double shots on the pennell rigs.IMG20211031013901.jpg And that was it till low water and the tide turned. I had 3 more whiting. I told custard I would be back in at 0700 then realized the clocks had gone back so I had an extra hours fishing. I was a bit disappointed no codling turned up and I didn't get any squashed fish ( dabs) , but a thoroughly enjoyable session.IMG20211031062507.jpg I got back in the house at 0730 and after a full English breakfast Custard made me and a quick shower I was off to bed. Hope fully I be on my favorite beach at crimdon on Thursday night for my next one ?.

Pin whiting are a PITA.
I take it none of them were 'hit' by anything bigger?

Great report & photos Stevie - like the little Rod rest! ??

Great report & photos Stevie - like the little Rod rest! ??
It was something I knocked up in my cabin. Instead of taking a tripod on the pier I can be the arsehole who squeezes between everybody else's tripods for the good spot now instead of having it done to me lol. Just kidding less to carry?. Cost me £5 to make and 5 minutes time.

It was something I knocked up in my cabin. Instead of taking a tripod on the pier I can be the arsehole who squeezes between everybody else's tripods for the good spot now instead of having it done to me lol. Just kidding less to carry?. Cost me £5 to make and 5 minutes time.
I've thought about doing something similar - it's well within my abilities, but one of my favourite fishing marks has 80mm diameter railings so knowing my luck, it would probably roll around & fall in the drink! ??

I've thought about doing something similar - it's well within my abilities, but one of my favourite fishing marks has 80mm diameter railings so knowing my luck, it would probably roll around & fall in the drink! ??
I would make something with a v shape with the rest fixed to one side then use a hook and eye system under it using a strong elastic band or rubber strap one either side underneath to fix it to the railing if you get my meaning. The bands would clamp it tight to railing.

I would make something with a v shape with the rest fixed to one side then use a hook and eye system under it using a strong elastic band or rubber strap one either side underneath to fix it to the railing if you get my meaning. The bands would clamp it tight to railing.
That would work. My other thought was some strong Velcro straps. I've got a load of Velcro somewhere but can't find it! I've already got some plastic rod rests that would glue in a block of wood.

Back