• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East A Pleasant Evening

Stoker

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Decided last minute to fish the evening tide at Bradwell. Only bait I could get was herring from Tesco but it turned out to be okay in the end as target ray achieved. Most casts resulted in whiting swallowing everything. Dogfish turned to put a stop to that. It was a pleasant evening under the bright silvery moon.???

Attachments

• 337571F9-0F68-42FB-B5A7-CF724424CCE9.jpeg
    337571F9-0F68-42FB-B5A7-CF724424CCE9.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
Nice report, I have more confidence in supermarket fish than frozen and having fished both side by side theres only one winner, I especially like the sardines from morrisons they seem to work for everything.

Nice report, I have more confidence in supermarket fish than frozen and having fished both side by side theres only one winner, I especially like the sardines from morrisons they seem to work for everything.
Agree. If there are no sardines on display just ask if they have them. They don't always put them out in my local shop, but seem to have them out the back. Same goes for herring.

I bought 3 packs of frozen Mackerel from a local tackle shop. Went fishing with one pack, and as it defrosted, the stink was unbelievable. It seemed to permeate all of my clothes, and Wifey couldn't shift the smell even after a number of 60 deg C washes. Going back to supermarket (Morrisons) fish for bait, and the other two tackle shop packs in the freezer will be donated to a good cause!

Nice report & photo Stoker! Well done chap! ??(y)(y)

Back