• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast About time

Good luck & Tight lines Mike - I spy one of Stan's Rods?

Big blank lol , reels birdies , crack offs , but really injoyed every single minute of it , good clean air , big beautiful full moon, I’m ready for the next outing I’m servicing my reels at this very minute
Nice one,sounds good apart from the nests and crack offs haha

reels birdies , crack offs
Nicked this off Pictures & Jokes Thread.
img_7546-jpeg.50433

Great to see you back on the beach Mike, it has been a long time mate. Good to know you enjoyed every minute of it, crack off's, birdies etc, once you are back in the swing of it it don't matter.. Enjoy mate. (y) (y)

Ian.

I also spied a new LA.... the virdict Mike?
It’s a very nice rod but one massive dislike, it has no reducer , I cast with reel right 5 inches off the butt cap on all my rods , so iv had to cast with the reel up the butt which I dislike, it can’t be fitted with a reducer because of the thin walled butt , I refuse to move the reel up to 12 inches from the butt it’s not my thing so I have to cast with the reel up the butt , otherwise it’s a nice rod casts nice it’s a ok rod , it would be fantastic rod if a reducer could be fitted as standard

It’s a very nice rod but one massive dislike, it has no reducer , I cast with reel right 5 inches off the butt cap on all my rods , so iv had to cast with the reel up the butt which I dislike, it can’t be fitted with a reducer because of the thin walled butt , I refuse to move the reel up to 12 inches from the butt it’s not my thing so I have to cast with the reel up the butt , otherwise it’s a nice rod casts nice it’s a ok rod , it would be fantastic rod if a reducer could be fitted as standard
Make your own reducer & put a jubilee clip on the butt , or whip the bottom 4 inches?

I have a carbon reducer that fits Mike, it was made by Terry C you are welcome to it, just put a whipping under shrink.

I have my reel 8" from the but cap on all my rods Mike, I don't have any problem reeling in. Just move yours up 3", no need for a reducer then mate. Just a thought. (y)

Ian.

Back