• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

AFAW Estuary

Reevsey

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Can anybody offer advice on these rods please . Ive decided i want to add one of these to the collection . Its gonna be used for a bit of float fishing , bass fishing , bit of mackeral bashing and a bit of pike fishing. I intend to match it with a penn spinfisher 4500 liveliner . Question is 11ft or 12ft ? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

My mates got one and it’s a Bute of a rod unbelievably light I borrowed it for a sesh up cogden one night smashing out gar scad and macs on a urfe rig some of the most fun I’ve had he uses it on the exe for flounder gilt and bass and float fishing off chisel and brixam breakwater and it Ticks all those boxes a serious tool on the estuary’s and great fun on the palegics on calm days on. My list of must haves worth every penny 👍👍👍I like the 11 ft and the 4500 whould be a perfect match mate

Cheers Tat . Ive been looking at them for a while now and was gonna go for the 11ft . Thats pretty much what i want to use it for

Not got one or seen one, only just heard of them recently, and the article I read gave them a darn good review. 👍👍

Nice but expensive fishing rods.

But.... How does the rod know your fishing in an estuary.... :D

Ian.

TJ did you ever try the Conoflex Flattie Fanatics? Just wondering if you can make any comparisons? I'd be interested to hear if these AFAW rods are a modern take on the old Connies as they have the same available lengths, casting weights and intended purposes?

Yes but we are quite happy to spend that on a decent meal in a restaurant or on decent clothing fishings are hobbie so why not rather have a £200 rod that will get used than a £100 pair of shoes that I might wear 5 or 6 times a year plus like I said it’s so much fun worth every penny imo

TJ did you ever try the Conoflex Flattie Fanatics? Just wondering if you can make any comparisons? I'd be interested to hear if these AFAW rods are a modern take on the old Connies as they have the same available lengths, casting weights and intended purposes?
I herd about the fanatics but never used one so can’t answer that I’m afraid mate

Yes but we are quite happy to spend that on a decent meal in a restaurant or on decent clothing fishings are hobbie so why not rather have a £200 rod that will get used than a £100 pair of shoes that I might wear 5 or 6 times a year plus like I said it’s so much fun worth every penny imo
Hope you ordered at least 1kg of caviar for your meal then maybe you can justify the costs. Shoes would last you a lifetime, mine are used daily. Horses for courses as they say Joe :unsure:

Hope you ordered at least 1kg of caviar for your meal then maybe you can justify the costs. Shoes would last you a lifetime, mine are used daily. Horses for courses as they say Joe :unsure:
With you on that one tat rather pay fir a bit of kit that if you look after it will last a lifetime and work out how much enjoyment you get from using it over that time. Rather that and a tatty old pair of shoes you make last a lifetime. Just depends how much you enjoy your fishing. My match pros cost a grand but been used well over 200 times so cost me less than a fiver a trip. To me that’s well worth the initial outlay fir the enjoyment I have had using them. Plus posh shoes in Devon only collect cow n sheep shit on the soles. So horses for courses me thinks 🤔
Oh that reminds me horse shit n all 😂

Back