• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Akios nitron F15 xp.

Not really ... better built than the ABUs nowadays to be honest ..... just that some of the hype is cock and bull.
Yeah , ordered a pair of fathom cs after all the praise for them on line bar the mag adjuster which I could live with being a low reel caster I hold the rod further up for it not to be an issue. Was surprised when they arrived at the amount of backlash in the gearing so opened one up for a look inside and surprised by the plastic bits in them and the tolerances they are built to, not my idea of precision engineering. But then land rovers of old were never precision engineered but did the job well so maybe these will be the same. Went on your website today for the daiwa pinion supports and also got the flush mag adjusters incase a mate borrows the reels.

Yeah , ordered a pair of fathom cs after all the praise for them on line bar the mag adjuster which I could live with being a low reel caster I hold the rod further up for it not to be an issue. Was surprised when they arrived at the amount of backlash in the gearing so opened one up for a look inside and surprised by the plastic bits in them and the tolerances they are built to, not my idea of precision engineering. But then land rovers of old were never precision engineered but did the job well so maybe these will be the same. Went on your website today for the daiwa pinion supports and also got the flush mag adjusters incase a mate borrows the reels.

Please no
A land rover of old near salt water 😲

Was surprised when they arrived at the amount of backlash in the gearing so opened one up for a look inside and surprised by the plastic bits in them and the tolerances they are built to, not my idea of precision engineering. But then land rovers of old were never precision engineered but did the job well so maybe these will be the same.
The gearbox is crap on the FathomII tbh. Its a classic case of breaking something attempting to fix it when it wasn't broken in the first place :LOL:

Lets face it ... all they had to do was fit a bloody mag.

Back