• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Akios ?

Tomthewelshie

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Another brand I don’t really see much said about recently is Akios. Any particular reason why ?

I own a couple of their multipliers for boat fishing and they have been excellent so far.

Their Omoto made reels like the Shuttle etc are good but they're just a brand that manufactures nothing in house - its all sourced from OEMs like Omoto. Some of their stuff is OK but a lot of it is not IMO. Cherry pick!

Their Omoto made reels like the Shuttle etc are good but they're just a brand that manufactures nothing in house - its all sourced from OEMs like Omoto. Some of their stuff is OK but a lot of it is not IMO. Cherry pick!

I just find it strange, a few years ago I heard of lots using their rods etc like the air power. Now I barely see them mentioned. I briefly handled an air torque and it felt like a nice rod, finished ok too. ( I sent it back though because it arrived badly scratched).

You can still get Akios multipliers & rods just check flea bay or Amazonion.

One of, though not the greatest, disappointments of online tackle purchases was with a hellfire rod.

Nothing wrong about the way it trebucheted a weight a fair old distance with little relative skill on my part.

No, what scunnered me was the much vaunted 3 piece alignment marking system.

Ended up looking like

P3c9MzcxJmg9NjIw

trying to get the "eyes" to align on the 3 sections following the markings..

.. EYES TO ALIGN .........GETTIT???? 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Facebook is the place I see them mentioned the most on a couple of groups or shared pages, I am friends on there with a couple that are either ambassadors for the brand or have some involvement so maybe that’s why I see the posts more than them being advertised as such. Never personally owned anything by them to comment further.

Akios 565 cts.. Brilliant distances for a few trips loved it ,caught bass doggies and couple rays on it,
n blew apart playing its first smoothie when I had to give it line lol bent load of shite have never bothered repairing it but might do one day

Had some Akios Shuttle 666 STR Kuros, very nice casting and fishing reels for the clean ground I fish, couldn't fault them really... (y)

Ian.

I've seen lots of reports about Akios Reels, mostly multipliers which I don't use, so haven't had a lot of interest.
I honestly didn't know they made Rods. Not a brand I've ever had reason the thing about buying.

Had some Akios Shuttle 666 STR Kuros, very nice casting and fishing reels for the clean ground I fish, couldn't fault them really... (y)

Ian.
I have a couple of TFGear multies, looks like they came out of the same factory, mine work just fine.

They did.Omoto.Just different spec.As you know I also have a pair.BNIB.
Thanks, I thought they did as very similar to Akios, wonder where their rods were made before they changed to fresh water stuff.

I've had a CTS 656, a couple of black and red scora 80 fixed spools and a white and black scora 80.
Of all those reels, the white and black scora 80 is the only one still going and in one piece (hasn't been used for about 4-5 years).

The multi was used abit and sold to a mate as I just don't get on with them, still in use today and going strong. Seems a good reel and well made, never saw inside as never needed to open it up.
My mate seems to like it and uses it for alot of the lighter drift fishing we do.

The black and red scora reels, well, the first two both snapped on the leg that supports the reel, both replaced under warranty, then one replacement did the same but as they'd brought the new white and black ones out it was replaced with that. Then the other one (black and red) needed a worm drive as the spool oscillation had stopped as it was chewed up inside, this took me months to even get hold of as akios were terrible at responding to emails and none of the shops I went to could get the part in for me.

Safe to say, never been back to buy any more akios stuff its since then.

I broke mine, but I’m a bit of an animal. Only reel I’ve owned where the pinion gear disintegrated. Think it was made of butter.

Decided to buy an Akios air power mk2 black edition to try. Initial impressions are positive. I like the fact it feels more like a 3 piece beach rod as opposed to a light thin conti rod. Fit and finish seems good. Looking forward to try it.

The tip feels really nice too, with much bigger rings than a standard Conti. Weed should not be an issue.

Another brand I don’t really see much said about recently is Akios. Any particular reason why ?

I own a couple of their multipliers for boat fishing and they have been excellent so far.
we have jay pickup around the mersey who sponsored by akios so see lots of there product being used and are allowed to try the rods as well

Decided to buy an Akios air power mk2 black edition to try. Initial impressions are positive. I like the fact it feels more like a 3 piece beach rod as opposed to a light thin conti rod. Fit and finish seems good. Looking forward to try it.

The tip feels really nice too, with much bigger rings than a standard Conti. Weed should not be an issue.
Are the lager rings for a coffee grinder (fixed spool reel)?

Larger rings certainly suit nylon. Modern narrow guide trains like the Fuji Concept are purposely designed for long casting braid but obviously knots clogged with weed don't like em

Larger rings certainly suit nylon. Modern narrow guide trains like the Fuji Concept are purposely designed for long casting braid but obviously knots clogged with weed don't like em
Or mono.

Back