• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Aldi "fishing tackle".

Trampster

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
An email this morning advised me that Aldi have followed Lidl and have some "Fishing tackle" available from Thursday. I put "fishing tackle" in inverted commas as most of it is clothing - there is no actual fishing equipment at all.

The reason for my post is that Aldi have sold the Crane Neoprene fishing wellies a few times before. I guess everytime Aldi list a product, the reviews start from scratch again IE Previous reviews are deleted. I was tempted to buy a pair some time ago, but research revealed that 4 people had said they split at the back of the ankle within a few uses. Best avoided methinks.

An email this morning advised me that Aldi have followed Lidl and have some "Fishing tackle" available from Thursday. I put "fishing tackle" in inverted commas as most of it is clothing - there is no actual fishing equipment at all.

The reason for my post is that Aldi have sold the Crane Neoprene fishing wellies a few times before. I guess everytime Aldi list a product, the reviews start from scratch again IE Previous reviews are deleted. I was tempted to buy a pair some time ago, but research revealed that 4 people had said they split at the back of the ankle within a few uses. Best avoided methinks.

I used a pair of them for 3 seasons. No issues. (also used them as 'work boots' whilst doing ground works and subsequently building an outbuilding so they defo got abused)
They have now finally split, but in the middle of the sole at the rear - So as soon as they get wet you squelch ... but feet stay dry. lol

For the £20 I paid back then, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy some again. Very warm and quiet heavy with massive tread.

Having owned them, I would assume they split at the back of the ankle for people that can't actually put their own shoes on correctly :ROFLMAO:

They do some cheap lures/plugs now again. Had some decent pike/perch on them
Haven't seen them, but both Aldi & Lidl tend to do mainly Coarse & freshwater gear as opposed to any sea fishing tackle.

Haven't seen them, but both Aldi & Lidl tend to do mainly Coarse & freshwater gear as opposed to any sea fishing tackle.

I’ve not seen them for ages, but for the money it was worth a punt. Think they were about £10 with a little box etc. Sometimes they out fished way more expensive lures.

Back