• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West An early start

Ranculos

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I decided to go out for an early session this morning after getting an invite to try out a few lures. I was not completely sure about the mark, as I arrive I take a look around and it looks fishy, so I decide to have a think about lures I wanted to use, unfortunately the mark was quite shallow and very weedy, but luckily enough I did have a couple weedless lures on me as I mainly use metal lures in deeper water.

After a couple hours of fishing with no luck, I thought I'd have one last cast before I sat down to have a coffee. Before I know it my lure gets hammered by an angry wrasse, I put him on the scales and he came in at 2.8lb. Chuffed to bits as I've not had a wrasse in a long time.

We started walking further around the bay, covering ground for what seems like a mile or two over rugged rocks, Unfortunately after a few more hours with no further luck we call it a day and head back to the car. I am hoping that a few more lures more suited to the area would have produced a few more fish.
received_909655376267551.jpeg

Nice one Ranc! ??

Back