• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales And still they keep on coming.

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
After a daylight session with my son Josh last Sunday, which sadly ended in a blank for both of us :cry:, I headed back to the same mark on Wednesday evening, to see if the bass had actually moved on. The straight answer was no and though the daylight hours were quiet again, once dusk fell the bass came on the feed and I was able to add another 5, measuring up to 48cm to my tally, to bring up the half century for the year in double quick time 😊.
Bass - 46 2023.jpg

Bass - 49 2023.jpg

Bass - 50 2023.jpg

I didn’t have much time to plan anything, but the following night I fancied a change of scenery, so I headed for another mark where I’ve done well early in the season. I arrived a couple of hours before low water and after a pleasant stroll along the shore, I cast my lure out for the first time. As the lure splashed down I took a deep breath and admired my surroundings, but the peace was shattered immediately when my lure was smashed within seconds of landing on the water! 😳

After a great scrap, I was off the mark nice and early , with a half decent fish of 53cm, my best since late April, so things were looking good (y).
Bass - 51 2023.jpg

Over the next 4 hours I kept on the move along the shoreline, searching out the feeding fish, and my total kept rising steadily.
Bass - 54 2023.jpg

Bass - 56 2023.jpg

Bass - 58 2023.jpg

Eventually, by 11 o’clock I had caught a total of 9 bass to 56cm but of course I couldn’t leave it there 😅. In an effort to catch bass number 10 of the evening, I carried on fishing for another 90 minutes, but despite me hearing quite a few fish topping, they just weren’t interested in any of my offerings. I kept trying though and eventually I arrived back at the spot where I caught my first bass of the evening.

It was getting on for 00:30 now, so I decided to give it 5 more casts but as I counted them down, the bass remained elusive. Finally, my 5 casts were up and it was time to head for home, but not before I had 1 more cast for luck 😂. I pinged my baby Patch out into the darkness and began a slow retrieve, but I had barely started when bang! My lure was smashed 😮. Not wanting to lose it, I took my time playing the fish and eventually I was able to slide bass number 10 of the evening onto the weed, a lovely silver of 55cm to end the session 🥳.
Bass - 60 2023.jpg

With the bass feeding in front of me again I was tempted to have another few casts, but with work in the morning I thought better of it and I headed for Home, more than happy with another 15 bass in a week, to take me up to 60 for the year 😊.

Great report mate. Nice one. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Cheers all ;).

The weather is looking perfect this week :cool:, so hopefully the great start to the season will continue 🤞.

Back