• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anglers den or tonys tackle

hi Phil
Depends what your after?
Anglers den has a great layout and a good selection of what I call “the stuff” we need, rod wise they are very continental and pro fixed spool, however they strive to help with info etc
Tony’s is ok. Great mix of continental and traditional rods, not too many multiplier’s
Terminal gear wise…not sure where the good stuff is? Behind the counter maybe? lots of stuff but not what I call desirable.
Tend to hear what you want and not what you need.
That’s just my experience anyway, by no means critical or biased.

I ordered some rods from Tonys tackle, it took me ages for him to answer my messages, so brought elsewhere. Haven't tried Anglers Den in Pevensey so can't comment.

i have had good dealings with both shops and found both very helpful .Bought rods from Tony he has very good second hand gear like new at briliant prices goeing back to him next weak for another deal on a real John L from Harlow in essex

i have had good dealings with both shops and found both very helpful .Bought rods from Tony he has very good second hand gear like new at briliant prices goeing back to him next weak for another deal on a real John L from Harlow in essex
Ex demo ones?

If you want to watch the master salesman at work and come out with expensive rods and reels then head for Tonys.
I joke but to be honest these are both excellent shops and deserving of our support. Unless your in to Lure fishing* then it doesn't matter which one to head for although i find Tonys tackle slightly better for Bait supply as long as you pre-order. Both Top owners and Anglers no problems. *recently Anglers Den started stocking Lure stuff

As said Tony has a lot of used rods and reels in stock , anglers den pro continental style rods. While your down have a look in in Hastings angling as well.

Back