• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Anyone got?

I got an agility 2 mpv and love it's versatility. It's fine for the car but it's not suitcase size.
I have bought a pair of these but not had chance to use them yet, what do you use your for? Float fishing? Pier?

I have bought a pair of these but not had chance to use them yet, what do you use your for? Float fishing? Pier?
I think I have the agility 2 mpv too, it's what I used for lighter beach work with a 4500 sized Penn reel, 3-4oz leads and little worm baits, it's great fun catching smaller stuff (wouldn't want to catch double figure rays on it)and it can put a lead a fair way for a reasonably short light rod.
The only thing I didn't like was how thin the rod is where you grip it, but other than that, I think they're great little rods, especially for the price.

It can be used for a multitude of types of fishing hence the name (mpv is for multi purpose vehicle).
I don't see why it wouldn't be a great float fishing rod. Not so sure I'd want to lift anything too heavy up the side of a pier with it, but then again, it's a light use rod so not really designed for lifting large weights. Using a drop net for landing fish, I'm sure it would be fine fishing piers, harbours, jetty's, etc...

Back