• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North East At it again

Stevie69

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Just got in 20 mins ago brrr its bloody cold out there -3, I headed back to crimdon beach again low water was at 10.30pm I got there for 8.45 tide was 1.0m I got straight onto the sand bar but more to the left this time IMG20221209213645.jpg as I walked along the beach the sand was frozen solid 😲so much easier to walk on. The sea wasn't as big or as heavy as the other night but still a lot of breakers coming in. I tried chucking out cart and squid wraps the first 3 casts nothing☹️ so a change of tactics 🤔 to squid and black wraps, bites from the off nothing big I ended up with 5 whiting no pics we've all seen em by now and managed to get this fella out IMG20221209230529.jpga coalfish haven't had one for donkeys years put it in a carrier bag to weigh him and he was 2lb 4oz 43cm he was safely returned same as the whiting. No codling tonight but I'm not giving up on them my night will come. I should be back out again 🎣 sometime this weekend.👍.

Great report & nice photos as always Stevie. Fine looking Coalie too. Well done for the effort, but not sure if you are brave or mad! Too darn cold for me to venture out! 🎣🎣 (y)(y)

Just got in 20 mins ago brrr its bloody cold out there -3, I headed back to crimdon beach again low water was at 10.30pm I got there for 8.45 tide was 1.0m I got straight onto the sand bar but more to the left this time View attachment 36601 as I walked along the beach the sand was frozen solid 😲so much easier to walk on. The sea wasn't as big or as heavy as the other night but still a lot of breakers coming in. I tried chucking out cart and squid wraps the first 3 casts nothing☹️ so a change of tactics 🤔 to squid and black wraps, bites from the off nothing big I ended up with 5 whiting no pics we've all seen em by now and managed to get this fella out View attachment 36600a coalfish haven't had one for donkeys years put it in a carrier bag to weigh him and he was 2lb 4oz 43cm he was safely returned same as the whiting. No codling tonight but I'm not giving up on them my night will come. I should be back out again 🎣 sometime this weekend.👍.
Great coal fish mate well done

Back