• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

B8M8 Bait tools.

Si-fly

Reaction score
IMG_20210303_175017~2_resize_93.jpg
Hi all.
Just a quick heads up on a few tools I got recently from B8M8.

I've now used these for a few sessions and think they are great bits of kit.

They are all very well made and should last for years (baring losses).

The "T" bar is nice, but I was more interested in the bait tools and the elastic holder, which is basically very similar to the excellent innova bait weaver, but made from metal, so no crushing under foot! It is missing the small rubber seal, but this does allow for looser elastic at the expense of the end going back inside on occasion if you snap the elastic too close to the tool. Definitely works well and their grades of elastic are nice, and the same size as the innova spools.

IMG_20210303_175017~2_resize_93~4.jpg

Then there is the baiting tools, these took me a few sessions to get used to, but once I worked out how tight to wind the elastic round and best way to slide the bait off, they work well. They really do make cocktail baits very easy to put together neatly. Atm I'm making up a bait, removing from the tool, and then hooking it and adding a few final wraps of elastic. Others put the hooks on the tool first, then add bait etc..... Guess there's no "right" way, do what works for you!

Anyway just my thought on the tools and hope someone finds it useful.

Cheers Si.

Last edited:
Hang on a minute........

I must have had my idea pinched ! I made the below about 8 or 9 years ago, maybe more, plus, I have also made a gizmo for holding the trace line whilst elasticating the bait . It took a whole two mins to make the gizmo, its a bit of cork with a slit in it ! The cork holds the hook in place on the “blade” so nothing falls off . plus it keeps everything together in a much more compact way whilst wraping the bait .

8792D66A-D1AD-439F-AEAA-977F6EE52B6A.jpegBD87CF73-760D-4CA1-B641-7375F9ED2133.jpeg

You can see from the state of it how much it gets used, in fact it will get used tonight to make a decent mussell bait wrasse.

image.jpg
I also have a bait dispenser made probably before the baiting tool, its a medical specimen bottle with a hole in the lid, to stop the elastic going back inside there is a disk of inertube glued inside the lid with a hole in it, it grips the elastic , you have to thread ith through using a needle, but that is only the once as it never gets pulled back inside .

Dave

Last edited:
You can make the same bait loader out of plastic pipe(plumbers) for a fraction of the cost and works every bit as good and if you loose it you have plenty pipe left over to make another
old yin?

The bloke at b8 m8 took an idea that we have used in the north east for the last 30 years . then when I began selling our own tools (home made) local accused us of copyright and threatened to take us to court claiming has has a patent on not only his tool but the entire idea :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
. the tools cost 15p each to make from 316 stainless and took me around 30 seconds per tool . he is currently charging £8 per tool . seems there is only one person trying to rip people off

The bloke at b8 m8 took an idea that we have used in the north east for the last 30 years . then when I began selling our own tools (home made) local accused us of copyright and threatened to take us to court claiming has has a patent on not only his tool but the entire idea :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
. the tools cost 15p each to make from 316 stainless and took me around 30 seconds per tool . he is currently charging £8 per tool . seems there is only one person trying to rip people off
Welcome aboard Zippy 👍

Cheers pal looks a great forum (y)
Looks can be deceiving ;) Nah, only kidding. I have been on here for about 6 weeks now and have felt at home since the first day.

I think you will find several posters are from your neck of the woods. If you look at the posters details many have a location shown against them.

Back