• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South East Back at ‘em at last!

Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I’ve been having a shocking time on the beach lately, missing or dropping fish left, right and centre, not to mention losing gear to snags and overruns.
I wasn’t optimistic at all when I headed out last night, expecting a weed fest but surprisingly, it wasn’t too bad! My first venue saw me fishing low water and it was manageable, I landed 3 hounds at 7lbs 8oz, 6lbs 12 and 4:15. When the weed did come through after low though, it was with a vengeance and I quickly gave up.
Not ready to pack up for the night, I took myself off to another spot to fish some of the flood. I wasn’t fishing more than 20mins when a big slack liner resulted in a 6lbs 5oz fish. Half way through the fight tho, my other rod folded and screamed at me! All I could do was look on to make sure it stayed on the rest whilst I played the fish in.
Unlike my recent luck, I managed to land both fish with the second a healthy 8lbs 3oz.
I thought it was going to kick off after that but things were quiet. Thankfully the weed wasn’t making things too difficult.
After a bit of a wait, I landed my 6th of the night at 9lbs 10oz which was frustratingly not a double.
As the tide turned, I decided 4am was my cut off point (I had stupid commitments planned for Sunday) and I packed one rod away.
As I picked up the second rod, it was nearly pulled out of my hand!! An awesome fight ensued, I got the fish on the beach 3 times but it somehow managed to wriggle back in and fight back to deeper water!! It was great fun and eventually, I landed the fish. The best of the night at 10lbs 10oz.
I pretty sure I could’ve got a couple more in but my time was up and I called it a night.
About time I had some luck!!IMG_6156.jpegIMG_6151.jpegIMG_6149.jpegIMG_6148.jpegIMG_6147.jpegIMG_6140.pngIMG_6114.jpegIMG_6111.jpeg

Fantastic mate, lovely smoothies, and great pics too. Nice one.. 🎣 🎣

Ian.

Another great report Stormzy, and good photos too. Well done on the Hounds! 🎣🎣👍👍

Back