• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Back in the game with a bass.

Goateeblank

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Following my failed base jump, 3 weeks ago! The urge to go fishing was getting the better of my need for recovery. Everything is working ok again, but a bit of a clunk and a gripe from my shoulder, when l push it or move it too far, serves to remind me that l am not out of the woods yet!

I had a couple of hours at Town Quay yesterday, just dropping down for minis and before l knew it, l was gently overhead casting and it felt ok - ish. Just a whiting to show. It was very quiet.

Today l wanted to return to a spot where again it is easy fishing out of the van. Mrs Goatee came along bringing shortbread biscuits she made last night and l made a big flask of tea which did not come along! Doh!

I fish this spot when the tide is rising or falling, to catch the fish coming or going and my target was a flounder for my hunt.

Size 4 hooks with rag on 3 hook flappers sent out into a gulley. Beautiful day with no jacket required. Nothing for 2 hours, but it was pleasant enough and l had boiled the kettle and made tea for us both in the van. The tea was far too wet, so good job we had the shortbread biscuits!

I had a tiny little shiver of a bite. I brought in my other rod as l was concerned it had crossed. It was. When sorting that, the bite on the other rod had developed into the rod trying to get over the wooden railing. I always bungee my rods on if l am fishing on a pier or places like this. Good job too! The water is very shallow and the fish was putting up a good fight on the 10ft flattie rod. To land it l had to climb the wooden railings under the disapproving gaze of Mrs Goatee, whilst keeping contact with the fish. I had to hand ball it up using my good arm. It was worth it though and after a picture it was back over the rail again to release it, dropping it into the receding water. As soon as it hit the water it was away which is always good to see.
20230219_140453.jpg
Still need my flattie and to catch up a bit now, but no rush. It was great just to be out in the sun. Good luck all, if you are out

Last edited:
Great report & photo! Lovely Bass - great to see you back Dangling! Hope you continue to improve. 🎣🎣👍👍

Good to see you back out Goateeblank nice bass 👍
Nice spikey 👍
Bounced back well from the injury ! Good stuff .
Nice catch, good to see you are back in hunt.
Glad to see you’re back at it!
Nice Bass, well done. 👍🏻
Most excellent and great to see you back in action again.
February bass, nice!
Great report & photo! Lovely Bass - great to see you back Dangling! Hope you continue to improve. 🎣🎣👍👍
Great catch ,piccy & write up well done 🎣🎣🎣🎣
Nicely done, looks a decent fish for a quick local session
Cracking bass to have out at any time let alone when your still a bit dodge.(y)(y)
Great write up and pic, that's a cracking bass nice one. 👍

Thanks all for your comments. It is much appreciated.

Back